Repository Specialist - Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- 30-Apr-2021 to 29-May-2021
- - Sigma Theta Tau International
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is developing nurse leaders anywhere to improve healthcare everywhere. Our more than 135,000 active nurse members across the globe are recognized leaders and scholars who demonstrate global nursing excellence.
Sigma currently has an opening for a Repository Specialist. This is a full-time day shift position scheduled Monday-Friday at our headquarters in downtown Indianapolis, IN. Currently, this position is temporarily telecommuting due to COVID restrictions.
Our benefit options include health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability coverage, a retirement plan, free parking, paid holidays, and a generous amount of paid time off beginning in the first year of employment.
Job Summary: The Sigma Repository is a one-of-a-kind, open-access, scholarly database that serves a globally diverse community of nurses through the dissemination of distinct materials. It consists of, educational, research, and clinical materials added on a daily or weekly basis.
The position is managed by a master's prepared librarian and requires a range of skills and foci ranging from leading a nurse in another country through the repository's submission process, to intensely focusing on the necessary task of data entry.
- Assist nurses as they navigate and use the repository.
- Take responsibility for all incoming questions,
- Assess the level of complexity, and
- Transition complicated queries to the managing librarian, as necessary.
- Become familiar with the repository's software system and assist researchers and reviewers with system-related questions.
- Serve as a project manager for specific repository collections, such as Electronic Theses and Dissertations, or event material collections.
- Create collection pages and set up workflow options in the repository, and
- Oversee and lead the transfer of materials into collections.
- Update and maintain all static html resource webpages as related to the repository website.
- Complete data entry projects to maintain metadata consistency.
- Assist with archival records management and transmission of materials to off-site archives.
- Bachelor's Degree, and
- 3-5 years of work experience in a library, content management system, or project management position.
- Previous library or academic environment experience helpful.
- Candidates with MLS, MIS, or MLIS degree preferred.
- Must be an energetic self-starter and very detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, and ability to work independently and problem solve required.
- The capability to work remotely during present times is required.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.