Program Coordinator-Workforce (Full-Time) – Foster Success
- 30-Apr-2021 to 01-Jun-2021
- - Foster Success
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- : $40,000
- Full Time
Must be located in Central Indiana
As part of the Foster Success team, the Program Coordinator - Workforce will advance the organization's mission by ensuring teens and young adults who have experienced foster care have access to career readiness and workforce opportunities that put them on a path to a good and promising job. This position will report to the Senior Director of Workforce and Education and will facilitate work readiness classes and on-the-job training programs; develop job/work experiences, and assist in connecting teens and young adults transitioning out of foster care to resources.
This position will work closely with Foster Success leadership to launch the national award-winning workforce program, Works Wonders®. This involves recruiting participants, delivering curriculum, mentoring and coaching participants as they navigate the workforce, and developing and implementing data management systems with the Chief Operating Officer and Senior Director of Workforce and Education.
Foster Success is committed to improving the foster care system and ensuring that teens and young adults transitioning out of foster care are educated, housed, financially stable, employed, and connected to a support system by age 26. Our team accomplishes this through programs delivery, policy change, and partnership development in the areas of K-12 & post-secondary education, workforce development, health & well-being, financial empowerment, housing stability, and youth engagement.
Program Administration: Work collaboratively with the Senior Director of Workforce and Education to determine the delivery of the Works Wonders® curriculum. Manage the delivery of the workforce classes, including securing supplies, technological supports, and space. Work one-on-one with participants to develop goals and objectives in a personalized employment plan. Assist participants in finding and maintaining meaningful employment consistent with their goals.
Partnership Development and Management: Work closely with providers and caregivers to communicate each participant's progress in achieving his/her/their work goals. Collaborate with external project partners and employers to find employment, internship, and job shadowing opportunities for participants.
Data Reporting and Tracking: Assist the Senior Director of Workforce and Education in building the Foster Success Salesforce data system to collect participant information and track related outcomes. Prepare and maintain case files, records, reports, and forms accurately and completely in real time.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of experience in related experience.
- Demonstrated success in the areas of program implementation, evaluation, and process improvement.
- Experience working with young adults between the ages of 16-26 from diverse backgrounds and the ability to create inclusive environments for both participants and partners.
- Proven creative problem-solving techniques, openness to change and desire for continual feedback, and an ability to adapt in a rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to partner with program participants, colleagues, and stakeholders to identify and achieve shared goals.
- Ability to represent Foster Success with senior-level partners, agencies, and elected officials.
All Foster Success employees are required to:
- Display a strong commitment to the inclusion of all individuals in the workplace.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in Foster Success Employment agreements and the organizational Handbook, including all confidentiality requirements for all client information.
- Work a flexible schedule that includes some weekends and evenings to meet program goals.
- Hold a valid Driver's License and have access to a vehicle or the ability to rent a vehicle for work-related travel.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and experience with and knowledge of relevant software, particularly Salesforce, Zoom, Google, and Microsoft Products.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by June 1.