Marketing Specialist - Hollis Adams
- 30-Apr-2021 to 29-May-2021
- - Hollis Adams Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Hollis Adams, a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to "open the world to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in central Indiana," provides recreational and social opportunities to the special needs community through activities such as their day service, their dance program, and seasonal special events.
The Marketing Specialist enhances Hollis Adams' public image and encourages the target audiences to engage and connect with Hollis Adams through external relationships and/or support of the organization's outreach and marketing efforts, particularly via social media, public relations, and online platforms. The Marketing Specialist will work closely with the designated public relations consultants, exercising discretion and independent judgment, to plan and implement marketing/outreach efforts through online advertising, public relations, social media, search engine optimization, and digital media management.
The Marketing Specialist will:
- learn and understand the mission and vision of Hollis Adams and how to best represent Hollis Adams online and in the community.
- interact with the designated public relations consultants, the Hollis Adams Marketing Committee, and outside vendors.
- partner with the designated public relations consultants to develop compelling content and key messaging about Hollis Adams including researching, writing, photographing, photo editing, and basic graphic designing for use online and in print.
- work with the designated public relations consultants to implement marketing campaigns and plans to promote key messages, particularly online through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and new social media applications).
- be the point person for updating and improving the Hollis Adams website and executing the quarterly newsletters.
- design and send email communications to stakeholders, as directed, using a designated email software platform.
- develop and execute strategies to identify and recruit volunteers for programming and fundraising purposes.
- implement strategies to expand social media presence and manage social media postings.
- implement online marketing campaigns and track performance including Google AdWords, Facebook ads, and other technologies, as applicable.
- provide periodic Google Analytics and other relevant reporting to the Executive Director to illustrate online marketing effectiveness.
- work with the designated public relations consultants, the Hollis Adams Marketing Committee, and outside vendors to develop collateral materials (brochures, annual reports, flyers) to educate and engage external audiences about Hollis Adams and its mission.
- develop marketing strategies for targeted audiences to promote programming and fundraising participation.
- manage the promotion of all external outreach and fundraising events (Mud Run, Golf Outing, Gala Event)
- plan, maintain, and update an annual marketing calendar.
- create and maintain online forms for participation and registration purposes.
- maintain and update Salesforce CRM database.
- assist with the development of marketing-related budget recommendations.
- serve as an ex officio member of the Hollis Adams Marketing Committee.
Education, Competencies, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing/advertising/PR or related subject or equivalent work experience.
- 1-4 years of marketing/advertising/PR knowledge and experience.
- Substantial experience using digital photography equipment and editing software.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience building social media communities.
- Superior writing, copy editing and proofreading ability.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and avid social media user with demonstrated communication skills using platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Ability to learn new social media and communications applications and systems.
- Creative thinker who can develop ways to build and promote content and key messages.
- Firm understanding of marketing and media relations principles and related practices and how they intersect with technology, especially related to non-profit organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully develop and manage relationships.
- Ability to work independently with a proven history of meeting deadlines.
- Ability to 'think on the fly' and show creativity.
- Flexible, collaborative approach including the capacity to work in a changing environment, make recommendations for improvements, and positively receive feedback.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
- Salesforce CRM experience (contact management, generating reports) a plus.
- Experience with website content management systems a plus.
- Experience working with a non-profit organization and/or people with intellectual developmental disabilities a plus.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
What experience or qualities do you feel make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
Social media – passing fad or should it be a critical element of our marketing plan? Why?
Give an example of how you have used outside marketing/PR firms, event planners, and/or contractors to leverage your efforts and benefit your organization?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.