Manager of School Support and Incubation - The Mind Trust
- 30-Apr-2021 to 29-May-2021
- - Mind Trust
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 403b retirement plan, and paid time off
The Mind Trust is an Indianapolis-based education nonprofit that works to build a system of schools that gives every student in Indianapolis, no exceptions, access to a high-quality education. The Mind Trust does this by building a supportive environment for schools through policy and community engagement; empowering talented, diverse educators to launch new schools; and providing existing schools with the support they need to hire world-class talent and achieve excellence. Since 2006, The Mind Trust has supported the launch of 38 schools and 13 education nonprofit organizations, and has helped place more than 1,600 teachers and school leaders in Indianapolis classrooms. More information can be found at themindtrust.org.
About Working at The Mind Trust: The Mind Trust is a high-impact organization with a fast-paced environment and an emphasis on outcomes and equity. The organization prides itself on its inclusive and dynamic culture, with a focus on quantitative measures and continuous improvement, and is highly collaborative and team-oriented, while also offering a flexible work environment. The organization strives to be antiracist in all its programming, policies, and procedures.
Position Overview: The Manager reports to the Senior Director of School Incubation, and will support the Great Schools Team with key executive assistant functions. The School Support and Incubation Manager will plan travel, events and speaking engagements, schedule meetings and coordinate calendars, and manage phone calls and relationships with office visitors. The manager will also support the organization's efforts through other administrative tasks, including managing office supplies, conference rooms, and travel.
- Maintain a coachable mentality
- Execute on a vision with attention to detail
- Communicate clearly with all internal and external stakeholders
- Able to organize and manage data from multiple sources
- Dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Maintain an adaptable mentality and is nimble as it relates to the management of complex projects
- Able to coordinate multiple high impact projects and calendars
- Dependability such that projects are shared and executed with excellence
- Demonstrate strong technical skills and familiarity with a variety of electronic platforms
- Willingness to take initiative and pitch in as needed on any and all tasks
- Excellent team player and enthusiasm for working in a collaborative environment
- Serve as the communication liaison between the Incubation Fellows supported by The Mind Trust and the Great Schools team.
- Plan and coordinate special events including but not limited to: professional development trainings (internal and external), panels, and conferences.
- Coordinate travel for the Great Schools Team, Incubation Fellows, as well as community stakeholders visiting The Mind Trust.
- Assist in the coordination of cohort trips to encourage innovative school design, unique approaches to landscape challenges and a community engagement focus
- Support in the management and tracking of investments and supports
- Update and maintain the team calendars.
- Support the management of contacts, relationships, and agreements through The Mind Trust's data management system, Salesforce.
- Schedule, track, and actively contribute to all internal and external meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of School Incubation and/or in partnership with the Great Schools Team members.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of three to five years professional experience
- Sharp attention to detail and strong organizational and technical skills
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for The Mind Trust's mission and Core Values.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume to Sonja Peters, Senior Director of School Incubation.
The Mind Trust is an equal opportunity employer.