Program Specialist (School Age) – The Indianapolis Public Library
- 03-May-2021 to 02-Jun-2021
- - Indianapolis Public Library
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary: $51,842
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 100% company-paid long term disability, low rates on group life coverage, a Library paid pension plan, 10 paid holidays annually, and generous amounts of PTO
Under limited direction, the Program Specialist seeks partnerships that lead to the development and implementation of system-wide programs and events for school age children and families which encourage reading, promote community literacy, and increase the use of Library materials, information resources and services. This person serves as a liaison between Library departments, The Library Foundation, and other community organizations and schools. The Program Specialist specific duties and assignments will vary based on annual programming goals and opportunities.
A successful candidate will...
- · Have an Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- · Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience designing and implementing large scale programs for children, or similar relevant work experience.
- · Have excellent presentation/public speaking skills and the ability to work well with other departments.
- · Possess a valid driver's license, a safe driving record, and proof of insurance.
- · Be bilingual (preferred but not required).
What does the job look like?
- · Responsible for the evaluation of current initiatives designed for school-age children and families. Assists in the training of juvenile staff members.
- · Accountable for an operational program budget and for the responsible spending and accountability of The Library Foundation Grant money allocated for program use.
- · Responsible for keeping up-to-date on the issues affecting the community and using that information to develop new programs, improve existing programs and inform all staff of the latest findings.
- · Provides direction on translation and interpretation needs for library system, departments and branches.
- · Responsible for developing successful initiatives which meet the needs of the partner, the desires of the community and fulfills the Library's mission.
- · Serves as an ambassador of the Public Library at community events, during negotiations and development of programs and in all interactions with the public. Maintains a positive relationship with community partners.
- · Stays abreast of demographic, legislative, and community organizational changes with the potential to impact library programs and service priorities, ensures programs remain relevant and communicates changes to necessary library staff members.
- · Cultivates partnerships with community organizations, government entities and educational institutions.
- · Responsible for accurately calculating and preparing statistical information and reports regarding departmental activities.
- · Able to work the normally scheduled work time for this position.
- · Able to cope with daily job-related stress.
Note: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position. What's In It for You? We offer our employees a robust compensation package!
Click the APPLY to apply online by Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.