Youth Services Team Lead - Damien Center
- 03-May-2021 to 02-Jun-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
Youth Services Team Lead provides direct supervision to the youth housing/services department while maintaining a small case load of young adults. Youth Services at Damien Center provide programming and supports to HIV+ and high-risk negative youth and young adults under the age of 24. The Team Lead position requires age-appropriate program development with a strong emphasis on youth lead initiatives. The creation, implementation and growth of intentional and transformational youth services which interrupt disparities are a responsibility of this position. This position works collaboratively within the organization as well as with the greater youth and young adult community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Attend monthly housing assistance meetings and weekly long-term assistance meetings.
- Complete necessary paperwork, billing requirements, and data entry within required time frames.
- Maintain client records within HMIS and housing program spreadsheets.
- Collect necessary documentation for program eligibility (ID, POS, Lease, Utilities, Income).
- Maintain client records, confidentiality, and update client records according to program requirements.
- Prepare regular reports regarding client progress for committee review.
- Attend staff, department, team, and other requested meetings.
- Maintain an active housing caseload of 6 YYA or less.
- Provide supervision to the Youth Housing Case Management team.
- Ensure client supportive services are relevant and youth centered.
- Program/service development that aligns with community needs.
- Participate in weekly YYA community housing meetings.
- Participate in housing and YYA work groups.
- Actively engaging YYA in policy and program development.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Identify affordable, safe, and low barrier housing opportunities.
- Work with clients to set SMART goals and help provide resources to achieve goals.
- Developing and maintaining committee partnerships
- Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in a social service-related field required. 4 or more years of case management experience required, or 4 years of direct service supporting youth and young adults. Experience in or knowledge of HIV related barriers and health disparities preferred. Familiarity with Housing First model, harm reduction philosophy and survivor centered goal setting required. Experience working with vulnerable populations (LGBT, Communities of color, substance users, commercial sex workers, etc.) required. Grant-Based housing experience preferred.
Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.