Director of Marketing and Outreach - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 03-May-2021 to 24-May-2021
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
As a member of team you will be strategic, inclusive, collaborative, creative, self-motivated, results-driven, energized by a fast-paced environment, effective at building relationships, motivated to make things happen, able to move multiple priorities forward together, and skilled at crafting compelling messaging and visuals. Additionally, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Our mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. Our vision is that all youth achieve their full potential. You will be joining the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, that has been serving youth for more than 100 years. We take our job seriously, holding ourselves to a high standard when it comes to professional and prompt client service. Yet, we also enjoy a fun, engaging, and supportive team environment.
Marketing & Outreach:
- Work with CEO to set marketing and public relations priorities that build the brand, engage volunteers, and support fundraising objectives.
- Coordinate closely with other agency leaders to fulfill organization-wide and intersecting objectives, specifically those related to volunteer engagement and fundraising.
- Lead the development, execution, and evaluation of marketing, public relations, and volunteer engagement strategy and plan.
- Define, promote, and protect the BBBSCI brand both internally and externally.
- Create opportunities that generate media exposure and build awareness.
- Seek and coordinate participation in opportunities for BBBSCI to build visible presence and awareness throughout our service area.
- Develop and manage relationships and partnerships that elevate or develop the brand, further volunteer engagement, and generate cause marketing opportunities.
- Oversee efforts to accomplish monthly volunteer inquiry goals.
- Direct all externally focused messages and communications of the agency with an emphasis on compelling visual presentation, effective storytelling, accuracy, and a focus on engagement – including but not limited to website, social media, print materials, video and photography, e-communications, etc.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and partners.
- Develop brand management and ambassador competency in staff and establish priority agency messages.
- Provide direction and final approval for development of key agency collateral materials.
- Communicate with and engage the Board and other constituency groups as relevant or requested.
- Coordinate the activation of national initiatives, campaigns, or other partnerships.
- Oversee relevant award opportunities and submissions.
- Ensure accurate, consistent, and timely documentation and records in database according to BBBS Standards and Agency policies & procedures.
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Effectively perform all supervisory functions of hiring, coaching, training, disciplining, and terminating, according to BBBSCI policies. Develop and hold staff accountable to work efficiently and effectively and to achieve individual and team goals while complying with agency policies and national standards of practice. Ensure effective performance management and completion of annual evaluations for staff.
- Lead annual planning and budgeting for function.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate metrics and results for the department.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in marketing, communications, public relations, or related fields.
- At least 4-5 years experience related field.
- At least 1-2 years experience in managing others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Adobe software; ability to learn Raiser's Edge database.
- Required to travel approximately 30-50% of time to meet potential donors, partners, vendors or consultants, attend conferences and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by May 24.