Volunteer Outreach & Engagement Coordinator - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 03-May-2021 to 24-May-2021
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
We are looking for someone who is energetic, creative, self-motivated, multi-tasker who can help build community-focused partnerships, coordinate volunteer campaigns, and represent the agency through presentations with a goal of recruiting mentors. Must be flexible, focused to meet monthly metrics, and have excellent communication skills.
Our mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. Our vision is that all youth achieve their full potential. You will be joining the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, that has been serving youth for more than 100 years. We take our job seriously, holding ourselves to a high standard when it comes to professional and prompt client service. Yet, we also enjoy a fun, engaging, and supportive team environment.
- Participate in the development, measurement, and execution of the agency volunteer engagement strategy based on agency goals and needs.
- Recruit volunteers based on specific agency goals and needs through scheduling, planning, facilitation, and follow up of presentations, meetings, participation at fairs/events, booths, and other opportunities to build awareness.
- Develop and execute strategic recruitment campaigns including planning, partnership development, development of messaging and materials, etc.
- Prospect, build and steward partnerships to generate volunteers by being the lead for assigned external partnerships and strategic relationships.
- Be an ambassador for BBBSCI by representing the agency in a professional manner, identifying and seizing opportunities to recruit volunteers, and furthering the mission of BBBS by being present at relevant community networking and other events/forums.
- Lead and provide vision for the Big Impact Task Force focused on volunteer engagement.
- Maintain customer service at levels exceeding expectations of our partners, volunteers, parents, and children.
- Create introductory engagement opportunities for individuals who are trying to decide their commitment level with the hopes they will become Bigs.
- Work closely with Enrollment & Matching team to coordinate and strategize volunteer priorities and needs.
- Maintain and respond to inquiries via external sites (ex. Mentor.org, voluneermatch).
- Ensure accurate, consistent, and timely documentation and records in database according to BBBS Standards and Agency policies & procedures.
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Share with development, engagement, partnership and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships and stories as discovered through match contacts with Big, Little and Parent/Guardian.
- Maintain budget documents including invoices and other expenses incurred by department as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Education or experience in sales, fundraising, communication, marketing, or community development preferred.
- Must have strong presentation skills.
- Must be able to work proficiently with agency data base, computers and other office equipment.
- Required to travel approximately 70% of time out of the office to present opportunities to potential volunteer. May include some travel to attend conferences and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
- Must be able and willing to work evenings and weekends as required by agency.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by May 24.