Community Development Program Manager - Noblesville Housing Authority
- 03-May-2021 to 02-Jun-2021
- - Noblesville Housing Authority (NHA)
- Noblesville, IN, USA
- $50,000 - $55,000 depending on qualifications
- Full Time
The Community Development Project Manager is a key position and is responsible for managing federally funded Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program activities and other related federal, state and local requirements. The incumbent acts as the County liaison to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), assisting various local City/Town administrations and non-profit agencies using or seeking CDBG funding, reviewing and processing claims, preparing environmental/historic reviews, contracts, maintaining records, monitoring of CDBG recipients, and preparing technical reports. The incumbent must maintain consistent awareness of the status and progress of existing and potential projects, handle complex one-time issues and recurring work. This is a position that requires in-depth experience with CDBG projects or similarly funded projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Have and/or gain a working knowledge of all applicable CDBG regulations and guidelines, Federal labor Standards provisions, implementing Davis-Bacon, Section 3, environmental regulations, Uniform Relocation and Assistance Act, and other federal requirements that apply to CDBG projects
• Assists with the development or refining program procedures and processes for effective and timely implementation
• Advises local government officials which eligible activity or combination of activities is most suitable to meet their need(s)
• Reviews laws and regulations to identify changes or new procedures, etc. and incorporate the changes into presentation materials so that participants will have current compliance information
• Attends HUD and state trainings and conferences, and other training sessions; keeps abreast of various grant and reporting requirements
• Ability to establish rapport and deal tactfully and effectively with applicants, public officials, engineers, property owners, and the general public
• Coordinates outreach activities and interface with the general public, including public hearings related to citizen participation
• Assists in preparation of and in presenting material at workshops for applicants and recipients
• Assists Executive Director in preparing the Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan, and Consolidated Annual Performance Report
• Assists Executive Director in preparing the Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing, and coordinates educational outreach and reporting requirements
• Reviews claims and beneficiary reports from recipients, and processes claims with the County Auditor's office
• Reconciles grant financial reporting with County Auditor's accounting records
• Communicates to the Executive Director regarding the escalation of sensitive customer service/resident issues and/or policy matters, especially pertaining to internal and external communications; when appropriate resolves such issues for the CDBG program.
• Other related duties as assigned
NHA Staff must have a valid Indiana Driver's License and be insurable by NHA's insurance carrier
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college with major course work in planning, public administration or a related field and equivalent combination of training and/or work experience or related work
Specific experience with CDBG programs is desired with a combination of experience in economic development, community development and housing programs administration is preferred.
• Ability to work well alone under minimal supervision and with others in a team environment
• Strong computer skills, with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet, and database software applications. Proficient experience with Adobe and WordPress preferred.
• Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks
• Knowledge of accounting procedures. Knowledge of computerized accounting systems or government accounting systems
• Knowledge of CDBG and other relevant regulations
• Strong organizational, workflow management, project management, attention to detail, analytical and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to maintain confidential information and cope with unprecedented problems by developing and extending accepted planning methods and techniques
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and clearly express thoughts. Thorough knowledge of department practices, policies, procedures, objectives, and goals
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.