Marketing and Communications Coordinator (part-time) – St. Mary's Child Center
- 03-May-2021 to 14-May-2021
- - St. Mary’s Child Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
Founded in 1961, St. Mary's Child Center's mission is to impact pre-school children, who come from poverty, with high quality learning experiences that will transition into a foundation for lifelong success. St. Mary's Child Center works directly with almost 300 Preschool families and close to 1,000 Educators annually. The organization is a well-regarded and financially sound nonprofit organization in Indianapolis.
The Early Childhood Program offers two initiatives that are designed to impact school readiness and provide significant life-long positive outcomes: The Preschool Program and Educational Outreach Program. The Preschool Program serves 144 three to five-year-old children in our classrooms at 3 sites in Indianapolis currently. 93% of the children live in poverty. The Educational Outreach Program provides professional development activities for community educators to allow them to provide high-quality early learning experiences to ensure the success of children served at their schools.
The Marketing and Communications Coordination will be responsible for performing, managing and advancing the marketing efforts to effectively and efficiently carry out responsibilities of the organization as a whole including but not limited to raising money, awareness and program recruitment.
- Designs and produce all agency printed, verbal and virtual marketing materials and strategies
- Maintain content on organization website and assist in design when necessary
- Write content for classroom blogs, email communications and monthly newsletter
- Manage and grow the organization's social media presence
- Generate web traffic, email and social media audience engagement and growth through impactful digital communication strategies
- Track, analyze and report on social media metrics, email engagement and web traffic
- Assists with design of annual direct mail campaign and virtual campaign
- Produce graphics and video content to tell powerful stories of our families and programs
- Increase community awareness of St. Mary's mission through participation at Community Fairs and Community Groups Meetings
- Participates in activities and tasks of the organization as needed
- Provides positive support for the Board of Directors
- Success in working independently and as a team member, managing time, handling multiple responsibilities, following instructions, problem solving, being proactive and setting priorities
- Helpful skills include common sense, tact, persistence, resilience, ability to think outside the box and bring new ideas, passion, and a humble approach to the work that we do
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to organize large amounts of information, accuracy and attention to details
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Strong social media skills across multiple platforms and WordPress
- Experience developing and implementing community campaigns and marketing materials
- Ability to understand the needs as well as share the mission and programs of St. Mary's Child Center through presentations to individuals and groups
- Acceptance of the beliefs and ways of work of St. Mary's Child Center
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required
- Ability to work flexible hours
- The ability to get along well with others and bring your joy to work
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by May 14.