Development Manager - St. Mary's Child Center
- 03-May-2021 to 14-May-2021
- - St. Mary’s Child Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Founded in 1961, St. Mary's Child Center's mission is to impact pre-school children, who come from poverty, with high quality learning experiences that will transition into a foundation for lifelong success. St. Mary's Child Center works directly with almost 300 Preschool families and close to 1,000 Educators annually. The organization is a well-regarded and financially sound nonprofit organization in Indianapolis.
The Early Childhood Program offers two initiatives that are designed to impact school readiness and provide significant life-long positive outcomes: The Preschool Program and Educational Outreach Program. The Preschool Program serves 144 three to five-year-old children in our classrooms at 3 sites in Indianapolis currently. 93% of the children live in poverty. The Educational Outreach Program provides professional development activities for community educators to allow them to provide high-quality early learning experiences to ensure the success of children served at their schools.
The Development Manager will work as a member of the development team; participate in cultivation and stewardship activities, grant writing and management, written and virtual campaigns and general development activities to effectively and efficiently carry out responsibilities of the department in order to raise money.
- Manage donor stewardship and cultivation efforts
- Develop relationships with funders, both new and existing, in order to secure donations
- Responsible for all aspects of grant process including preparation, submission, reporting and management
- Responsible for research (project, grant, major gifts, laws, items, resources, etc)
- Responsible for the annual direct mail campaign and virtual campaign
- Provide support for special events including item follow up and pick up, reservation contacts, etc.
- Solicits and secures sponsorships, donations and items for special events
- Increase community awareness of St. Mary's mission through participation in community fairs and engagement opportunities for groups
- Assist with volunteer activities both preparation prior and the day of coordination
- Responsible for notices and written minutes of board committees
- Assists with the preschool Christmas sponsorship program
- Responsible for entering information into eTapestry, Delivra and Greater Giving as well as producing specialized reports and materials
- Succeeds in meeting goals as established as well as timely completion of assignments
- Participates in activities tasks of the Development Department
- Provides positive support for the Board of Directors
- Success in working independently and as a team member, managing time, handling multiple responsibilities, following instructions, problem solving, being proactive and setting priorities
- Helpful skills include common sense, tact, persistence, resilience, ability to think outside the box and bring new ideas, passion, and a humble approach to the work that we do
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to organize large amounts of information, accuracy and attention to details
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Experience with donor-based software, (specifically etapestry is preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in nonprofit fundraising or degree in related field is preferred
- Ability to understand the needs as well as share the mission and programs
- Acceptance of the beliefs and ways of the work of St. Mary's Child Center
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional nights and weekends
- The ability to get along well with others and bring your joy to work
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by May 14.