Planning and Research Manager - Downtown Indy Inc.
- 03-May-2021 to 02-Jun-2021
- - Downtown Indy
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Please provide salary expectations
- Full Time
Seeking a highly qualified professional to measure the economic and social drivers that impact a thriving Downtown. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a comprehensive knowledge of research protocols and a track record of working collaboratively with government agencies, business leaders, and community stakeholders to research, measure and archive key demographic, employment, real estate, and cultural statistics that tell the story of Downtown
Downtown Indy, Inc. (DII) sole purpose is to enhance the vitality and value of Downtown. It addresses critical issues that affect Downtown's growth and well-being. DII focuses on the following areas: management & safety, marketing and activation and planning & development,. DII has a strong team environment where success depends upon collaboration and coordination within the organization and with other agencies, businesses, and government entities.
Research, track and serve as information source for all downtown development projects, including preparation of annual and/or quarterly reports.
Manage and maintain a database of all downtown properties including commercial and government buildings, residential properties, street-level retail and green space.
Able to measure, analyze and report to support organizational initiatives including, but not limited to, the following types of data:
· Demographics of workforce, resident and visitor populations
· Hotel, office, parking, and retail inventory, occupancy, pricing, sales, etc.
· Traffic, commuting, and transportation mode split patterns
· Construction and real estate development activity
· Employment statistics, major employers, sector concentration, recruitment attractiveness
· Statistics related to cultural venues, professional sports, amusement attractions, museums, religious/educational institutions, parks/trails, etc.
· Local, regional, and state economic indicators
· Sustainability/energy conservation metrics
· Homelessness and crime prevention statistics
Able to see trends in the data and interpret/validate the information behind the data gathered.
Able to communicate findings to a range of types of users. Must demonstrate superior writing, graphic and presentations skills.
Performs consumer and market research. Able to translate ideas into researchable questions. Familiar with survey techniques and statistical sampling.
Develops and maintains professional working relationships with partner agencies such as the City of Indianapolis, Visit Indy and Indy Chamber.
Stays up-to-date on trends, software, tools, etc. in order to apply latest knowledge and techniques.
Serve as the source of information on Downtown parking, transit and logistics
Performs other job-related duties as required.
· Bachelor's degree in Economics, Research, Planning or related field. Master's degree is preferred.
· Strong analytical and research skills; proficiency in MS Office, GIS (preferred), and other database sources.
· Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to plan, organize, manage and multitask.
· Proactive and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, surveys, etc.)
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.