Corporate Relations Manager - Eiteljorg Museum
- 10-May-2021 to 09-Jun-2021
- - Eiteljorg Museum
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Eiteljorg Museum is seeking an experienced individual for corporate sales who understands the value of return on investment for both a for-profit corporation and a non-profit institution. Staying within our mission, this individual will seek out new corporate partners to add to our already valued organizations. If you are a positive goal-oriented person looking for a new opportunity, this could be for you. Must be able to show successes in business-to-business sales or sponsorships. Must enjoy networking, creative thinking, and cold calling on new opportunities. Must be able to collaborate with a team as well as work autonomously.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Five+ years' experience and proven success in corporate sales and/or nonprofit corporate sponsorship.
- A strong understanding of the corporate community and demonstrated ability to interact successfully with marketing directors, corporate giving officers or other corporate representatives.
- Excellent customer service skills and follow through.
- Willingness to network and cold call for new opportunities.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, verbal, written and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to work on a team as well as to self-motivate to reach corporate fundraising goals.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Raiser's Edge a plus.
The Corporate Relations Manager serves as the lead staff person responsible for establishing and nurturing relationships between the Eiteljorg Museum and the corporate community and is responsible for corporate sponsorships, memberships and some in-kind gifts.
- Seek corporate sponsorship support for museum exhibitions, programs and events while building broad-based partnerships. Print and deliver benefits to corporate partners.
- Coordinate efforts closely with all departments to provide appropriate recognition to corporate partners. Including but not limited to:
- Work closely with marketing and communications staff to ensure appropriate recognition of corporate partners
- Work with special events manager to promote corporate rental events
- Work closely with the membership manager to promote museum membership to corporate partner employees
- Work closely with the programs/exhibitions to programs/tours that corporate partners would enjoy.
3. Provide proactive donor stewardship through formal reporting as well as informal communications with marketing directors, corporate foundation officers and community affairs directors.
4.Help create and review development budget and responsible for oversight on corporate goals. Assure proper materials, record keeping, report documents and analysis of corporate and other assigned campaigns in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. Work with the marketing department to create marketing recaps for corporate partners.
5. Serve as staff liaison to corporate campaign and other assigned committees and/or councils and ensure the availability of information and staff assistance necessary to secure funds for the associated campaign.
6. Identify new corporate prospects through research, community outreach and relationship building. Attend networking events to promote the museum and gain contacts.
7. Write all corporate proposals after consulting with appropriate staff for input and work with marketing department for any design work needs.
8. Maintain a corporate partner spreadsheet of current contacts for e-blasts.
9. Work in Raiser's Edge, development software, for maintaining notes, actions, and information.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume, or mail to: Eiteljorg Museum, Attn: Dir of HR, 500 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204.