Social Services Coordinator - PrimeLife Enrichment, Inc.
- 10-May-2021 to 09-Jun-2021
- - PrimeLife Enrichment
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Social Services Coordinator is responsible for managing client service programs to help seniors with changes and challenges in their lives and linking them with appropriate social services available through PrimeLife Enrichment and other community-based resources.
PrimeLife Enrichment, a United Way agency founded in 1977, is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization providing services, educational and fitness programs, and activities that enable Hamilton County residents age 50 and beyond to lead healthy, active and productive lives, and stay in their homes. For many of them, PrimeLife is the first line of defense against ageism and the physical and emotional health challenges seniors face.
- Conduct case management by identifying and assessing the needs, situations, and support networks of seniors requesting assistance, updating case information and reassessing the need for continued assistance as necessary
- Counsel seniors, in person and by phone, by explaining agency and other community social services
- Refer seniors to appropriate services and advocate for them, even when client is resistant or unable to do so
- Respond to crisis situations such as abuse, pending evictions, and other emergency needs such as utility disconnection and medical assistance
- Maintain and regularly update database of available social resources by communicating regularly with service providers, investigating new or previously untapped sources of assistance for seniors, and attending meetings and events of community service agencies
- Manage PrimeLife's caregiver respite program, including assessment of client needs, training and supervising respite aides, and preparing required reports
- Manage PrimeLife's Friendly Visitor volunteer program, including assessment of client needs, training and supporting Friendly Visitors, and preparing required reports
- Facilitate monthly support group meetings, including preparing educational materials and handouts and supporting volunteer support group facilitators
- Manage PrimeLife's participation special social service events, such as United Way Day of Caring, United Christmas Service, and holiday assistance
- Maintain program specific grant management records as required by agency funding sources and internal reporting policies
- Attend educational workshops to keep abreast of current policy and social work skills
- Perform other related duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in social work, social sciences, or healthcare related field (equivalent experience considered)
- Proven experience in case management; bonus if experience is working with older adults
- Knowledge of local community social services network preferred
- Knowledge of Alzheimer's disease and various dementias is a plus
- Ability to travel to serve the clients in homes and communities within Hamilton County
- A valid driver's license and insurance
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Basic technology skills with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and willingness to learn agency database software – eTapestry
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.