Assistant Director (Educator Engagement) - Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- 10-May-2021 to 09-Jun-2021
- - Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The assistant director will serve as an educator's central point of contact for Work and Learn Indiana to allow for comprehensive, intentional work-and-learn experience placements throughout Indiana. The assistant director will oversee the creation and implementation of Work and Learn Indiana's high school internship strategy. Development of high school and college/university relationships will be a focus of the manager's responsibilities as it pertains to the growth and expansion of work-and-learn opportunities. The assistant director will support the organization's strategic plan implementation through identifying innovative and actionable ideas to achieve outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a central point of contact for high school and college/university partnerships to develop internship activities and other work-and-learn experiences
- Expand educator reach/training throughout the state, as directed by the Executive Director
- Develop partnerships with high schools, career & technical education centers/co-ops and colleges/universities, to support their work-and-learn programs
- Recruit new Indiana high schools, colleges and universities to become actively engaged in using Work and Learn Indiana's platform to support their programs
- Create connections between Indiana employers and educational institutions
- Develop strategies to encourage educators to think beyond traditional internships to broaden their talent pipeline
- Create professional development opportunities for educators, including workshops, webinars, and guides
- Support organizational efforts to improve filled internship metrics through organizational follow up
- Represent Work and Learn Indiana and the Institute for Workforce Excellence at various educator-focused events and speaking engagements
- Survey educators periodically, using results to enhance the educator experience
- Direct technical support activities related for educators, in both face-to-face and virtual settings
- Assist Executive Director with grantmaking and other development activities
- Assist with Indiana Chamber activities as required.
- Undergraduate degree with internship experience
- Three to five years' experience in K-12 education or higher education
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong public speaking skills
- Knowledge of the impact of work-and-learn experiences on a student's transition from education to employment
- Ability to interpret and communicate information to a variety of audiences
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Availability to travel moderately throughout Indiana as required
- Familiarity with both the Indiana high school and/or college/university sectors
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizational structure
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability and desire to cultivate professional relationships with the goal of furthering experiential learning throughout the State.
Personal Work Relationships:
Candidate should have the ability to work well with others and within a team, both externally and internally. Position requires candidate to work with all other aspects of the Indiana Chamber.
Office environment, standing, sitting, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs., speaking, hearing and manual dexterity.
It is of paramount importance that this person be a dynamic individual who can communicate effectively with Institute for Workforce Excellence board members, community leaders, regional partners, employers, high school and college/university career development professionals, and individuals seeking work-and-learn experiences.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.