Accounting Specialist - HVAF of Indiana, Inc.
- 10-May-2021 to 09-Jul-2021
- - HVAF of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $46,000 annually
- Full Time
- Benefits offered after 90 days: health, vision, dental, life, short- and long-term disability, and paid time off; eligible for paid holidays on day 1
HVAF of Indiana is searching for an Accounting Specialist to join our Finance Team! Candidates should be familiar with nonprofit and grant accounting, possess a working knowledge of ERP systems, and have experience working in a growing, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate should also be a self-motivated team player with a strong work-ethic and keen attention to detail.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the HVAF Finance Team for month-end processing to ensure timely, accurate, and reliable reporting.
- Own the Accounts Payable process for HVAF of Indiana through reviewing invoices for accuracy, entering transactions into Sage Intacct for payment, and maintaining comprehensive AP files for the organization.
- Apply client-tenant payments to monthly rental invoices and other Accounts Receivable duties, as necessary.
- Coordinate with Property Manger to reconcile rent receipts, monthly.
- Reconcile HVAF credit card account, monthly.
- Participate in and contribute to the financial audit process including document retrieval, research, and preparation of audit schedules.
- Play an active role in process improvement projects through regular, practical use of systems, training, and exploiting deficiencies.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for accounting policies and regulations for HVAF of Indiana.
- Ensure compliance, transactional accuracy, reimbursements (where applicable), and reporting for grants less than $200K.
- Perform tasks and access applicable systems in compliance with internal controls and confidentiality policies and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
- At least 2+ years of related progressive work experience that demonstrates knowledge and application of GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Superior Time-management and organizational skills
- Experience with ERP systems
- Familiarity with nonprofit and grant accounting
- Professional presentation (in appearance and engaging with others)
- Core work week of 40 hours would fall between Monday-Friday
- Will involve evenings and weekends as needed
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.