Program Communications and Events Specialist - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 10-May-2021 to 09-Jun-2021
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
This role supports matches with intentional activities and events to support longer match satisfaction and retention.
Our mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. Our vision is that all youth achieve their full potential. You will be joining the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, that has been serving youth for more than 100 years. We take our job seriously, holding ourselves to a high standard when it comes to professional and prompt client service. Yet, we also enjoy a fun, engaging, and supportive team environment.
Program Activities and Events: Assist with/Lead Agency Match Activities
- Compile content and design for invitations, all program communications, and materials.
- Oversee ticket distribution and coordination.
- Create and execute partner recognition.
- Assist with or lead match activities as assigned with a high level of customer service, including invitation, registration, program materials, and follow up.
- Ensure on-going administration, maintenance and creation of Big App users and activities.
- Complete after events documentation and tracking on a weekly basis.
- Assist with the Discount Partner Program comprised of partners that offer ongoing discounts for matches.
Program Communications: Promote Agency Brand to all Constituents in Coordination with Marketing team. Manage Program Communications and Ensure Brand Alignment through Coordination with Marketing Team.
- Help design needed event invites and flyers.
- Manage and update program components of agency website; update Bigs-only section, program partner information, and program events.
- Lead development of small video pieces that will attract volunteers, steward donors/funders, enhance retention efforts, and/or build awareness.
- Assist in development of match stories.
- Organize files on J drive for program staff; ensure proper labeling of photos, stories, and files, and purging of out-of-date documents, files, or corrupted photos.
- At events, create social media content for Facebook, Instagram, twitter, etc.
Program Support: Provide Program and Administrative Support to Program Team
- Provide program administrative support and work on special projects as needed and approved by CPO.
- Assist with activity and program evaluation.
- Assist with dissemination of program policy updates.
- Assist with Program Board Committees and Task Force groups as assigned.
- Maintain working collaboration with Match Relationship Specialist Team to ensure accurate distribution of activity and event information.
- Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth and development experience for the child and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Ensure accurate documentation is completed in database according to BBBS Standards and Agency policies & procedures.
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Work with strategically identified external partners (i.e. Schools, community centers, corporations, etc.) to build relationships for youth referrals and family resources.
- Staff recruitment booths/tables, match activities and agency events.
- Share with development, engagement, partnership and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships and stories as discovered through match contacts with Big, Little and Parent/Guardian.
- Maintain customer service at levels exceeding expectations of our partners, volunteers, parents, and children.
- Be an ambassador for BBBSCI by representing BBBS in a professional manner, identifying and seizing opportunities to recruit volunteers, and furthering the mission of BBBS.
- Maintain budget documents including invoices and other expenses incurred by department as needed.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous work experience in an administrative support, event planning, graphic design, social media, marketing and/or communications preferred.
- Experience in assessment and relationship development with child and adult populations; understanding of child development and family dynamics.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends based on planned events.
- Required to travel approximately 30% of time to meet agency needs, attend agency activities and events, conferences, and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
- Must have reliable transportation. Drivers of privately-
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements by June 11, 2021.