Community Engagement Manager (CEM) - Agape Therapeutic Riding
- 10-May-2021 to 28-May-2021
- - Agape' Therapeutic Riding Resources, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Vision Statement: We believe that lives can experience healing and growth in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope
Mission Statement: Agape cultivates personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse-facilitated experiences
The time has come for Agape to add another superstar to the team as we continue to grow and change the world with horses. The Community Engagement Manager (CEM) is a new position that will oversee aspects of special events, communications, donor relations and annual fundraising. The CEM provides day-to-day leadership and management of Agape community engagement to ensure optimal communication with our stakeholders. The CEM is a proactive ambassador and champion for Agape, effectively communicating our mission, impact, and the benefits of therapeutic horsemanship programs.
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: Marketing & Development Contractor
- Bachelor's degree (required) in ideal subject matter (i.e. communications, philanthropy, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years professional communications, special event management and/or fundraising experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Loves managing multiple projects and tasks to completion
- Passionate about Agape's mission
- Excellent organization skills and detailed oriented
- Knows how to build and maximize relationships via phone or email
- Goal oriented and highly self-driven
- Strong creativity
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Willing to work special event hours
- Coordinate and manage annual signature fundraising events
- Manage event logistics, including but not limited to vendor arrangements, A/V services, entertainment, registration
- Assist with managing and finalizing guest list and sending event mailings
- Assist with cultivating relationships with event sponsors
- Coordinate sponsorship fulfillment
- Coordinate event committees and manage committee expectations and communications
- Collaborate with marketing on event planning and strategies
- Coordinate and manage annual campaign strategy and deliverables (peer-to-peer campaign, year-end fundraising appeal and day of giving)
- Coordinate and manage the monthly recurring donor program (The Saddle Club)
- Actively work with the Executive Director and marketing & development contractor to create and implement comprehensive development strategy to included increased support from individuals, corporate entities, foundations and churches/associations
- Assist in scheduling and preparing site visits for current and prospective funders
- Assist the Executive Director with donor engagement, prospecting and solicitation
- Ensure that special events hit target fundraising goals for the year
- Create and send monthly/quarterly e-newsletters to stakeholders using Mailchimp
- Manage Agape blog posts 1x/month
- Manage Agape's social media
- Assist with all Agape external communications
- Serve, along with the Program Director and Executive Director, as Agape spokesperson in the event of a crisis situation and/or media relations request
- Manage all aspects of donor relations (thank yous, tours, donor events, open houses, etc.)
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating and connecting donors to our mission
- Assist the Volunteer Coordinator with volunteer appreciation strategy and events
Servant Leadership & Culture Cultivator Responsibilities:
- Lead by example. Be a servant-leader, always focused on how to serve your team members, stakeholders, and clients. Place servanthood and excellence above all else.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and learning through planning and incorporating various professional development opportunities.
- Upholds a high level of fiscal stewardship through engaging in financial and budgetary planning as it pertains to special events, communications and fundraising at Agape.
- Fosters teamwork, trust, respect and open communications among all staff.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy, modeling Agape's philanthropic values in relationships with donors and champions of our mission.
- Assists with and attends all Agape events and required meetings.
Click the APPLY button to apply online through our website by May 28 2021.