Volunteer Coordinator - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 10-May-2021 to 09-Jun-2021
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and asylees to Indiana and offers them a place to call home. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, as well as education, employment and health services for individuals and families starting out in their new lives. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works with Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
The purpose of this position is to help lead efforts to cultivate community involvement with individuals, community groups, corporations, and faith-based organizations to support the mission of the agency and refugee resettlement. The Volunteer Coordinator will plan and implement programs and initiatives for recruiting, training, and retaining volunteers in strategic positions to support Exodus' work. The Volunteer Coordinator will also oversee the Intern Program that interfaces with all Exodus programs and will track and manage volunteer data and reports.
- Conduct recruitment, screening, interviewing, training, and supervision of volunteers for the following key functions:
- Co-sponsorships/Welcome Teams for newly arriving refugee cases;
- English teachers and tutors to support our LCORE program;
- One-time specific task helpers, such as apartment set-ups;
- Front desk volunteers;
- Mentor matches;
- Volunteer groups to help sort and organize donations in storage or other special projects;
- Cultivate relationships with community colleges and universities for intern recruitment and new job postings
- Actively seek new co-sponsorship relationships with faith-based, corporate, and civic organizations.
- Responds to potential volunteer and internship inquiries, including student project inquiries that have a service component
- Manage in a timely and professional manner all communication from volunteers
- Manage volunteer data in Bloomerang database, and oversee and seek to improve systems to monitor volunteer hours as well as evaluate performance.
- Train other staff on how to work with and supervise volunteers and interns; stay updated about current staff volunteer needs and helps staff identify new volunteer opportunities
- Track relevant volunteer data including: CWS reports, Match grant, development reports, volunteer appreciation mailings, etc.
- Produce a quarterly volunteer e-newsletter to educate, support, and engage current and past volunteers; edit volunteer and internship pages on the website.
- Coordinate an annual volunteer appreciation event or activity and intern appreciation event(s).
- Develop and maintain a retention and/or upgrade strategy for volunteers, including identifying prospects for donations, sponsorships, donation drives, event invitations, board service, etc.
- Attend community and outreach events on behalf of Exodus to help recruit volunteers and interns and take part in speaking engagements on behalf of the agency.
- Attend weekly staff and development team meetings.
- Assist with other outreach and communications tasks as needed.
- Participates in Exodus staff trainings and development activities.
- Performs other duties as may be required by supervisor.
- Reports to the Outreach & Communications Manager.
- Must have a bachelor's degree, and have experience in human services or public affairs.
- Must be comfortable in intercultural environments and working as part of a team.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, customer service abilities, organization, and ability to be flexible and creative.
- PC proficiency, competent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume to Megan Hochbein.
Please provide salary expectations in your cover letter. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.