Outreach Coordinator - University of Indianapolis
- 16-May-2021 to 15-Jun-2021
- - University of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive Benefits available
Thank you for your interest in the University of Indianapolis! The University is a private, liberal arts university located on 65 acres, just minutes from downtown Indianapolis. With more than 700 faculty and staff, it is a place where you can become part of a close-knit campus community that emphasizes the importance of community partnerships in the future growth of the University.
UIndy's mission is to prepare its graduates for effective, responsible, and articulate membership in the complex societies in which they live and serve, and for excellence and leadership in their personal and professional lives. The motto of "Education for Service" provides the foundation for our work to better our communities, both near and far.
As University employees, we know the work we do is important to our students and our communities. To accomplish our mission, we welcome talented, civic-minded and diverse individuals from all career levels to help maintain our high standards of excellence and quality. If you want to join our dynamic environment and experience hard work, creativity, and teamwork, we welcome your application!
The University of Indianapolis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, citizenship status, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The University of Indianapolis does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission as required by Title IX.
The Metropolitan Indianapolis-Central Indiana Area Health Education Center (MICI-AHEC) at the University of Indianapolis is seeking applications for an Outreach Coordinator. The Outreach Coordinator of the MICI-AHEC is responsible for coordinating and implementing the Kids into Health Careers program presentation and helping to recruit and expand the MICI – AHEC programs and camps. Specifically, the Outreach Coordinator will design, implement and facilitate program activities for the Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP). The Outreach Coordinator is the primary point of contact for the coordination of the activities for a specific lead program within the HCOP grant and will serve as the lead for the 20-week Saturday College Prep Academy program for high school students. This is a full-time, exempt staff position each year of the grant period.
- Interact with MICI AHEC staff, University of Indianapolis administration, staff, professional organizations, advisory board, community and business leaders; and various health care constituencies, agencies and providers
- Coordinate daily program activities (recruitment of students, curriculum design, connect with and engage community partners, connect with and engage students parents and guardians, assist with preparing students to apply for and attend college and health professions programs) of the Health Careers Opportunity Program in which the incumbent is assigned to lead
- Maintain database by making sure all evaluation links and surveys are distributed to student participants and sent to the program data manager for effective analysis of programs
- Lead/facilitate Kids into Health Career presentations that are usually completed within the local high schools and vocational programs throughout Marion County
- Work with the HCOP team to brainstorm and plan for all HCOP program goals and objectives
- Work with the Project Coordinator and Executive Director to effectively plan activities that stick to the budget
- Work with the HCOP team lead and communicate any issues, concerns, barriers and accomplishments
- Work collaboratively MICI-AHEC staff, UIndy staff, and community partners, while also assisting team members in their program objective plans
- Complete quarterly report of program activities and submit the documents to the project coordinator in a timely fashion based on deadlines
- Meet recruitment goals specified within the grant requirements
- Create new partnerships that fit within the MICI-AHEC mission
- Be willing and prepared to volunteer to participate in community volunteer events and hosts booths at some high schools in the evenings or on weekends
- Bachelor's degree required
- Two years of relevant experience in facilitation of programs required
- Willingness to travel and possession of a clean or acceptable driving record required
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare professions and education programs required
- Proficient in the utilization of computer technology and computer applications (Word, Excel, database programs) required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to represent the University in a positive manner while interacting with faculty, staff, students, and the general public required
- Planning and organizational skills are required
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Tuition Discount
- Free Parking
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.