Manager, Development - American Diabetes Association
- 16-May-2021 to 31-May-2021
- - American Diabetes Association
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The American Diabetes Association is seeking a fundraising professional to develop and steward corporate and individual relationships. Primary duties will include the development and stewardship of existing and new corporate partners, individuals and volunteers.
This individual will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue, including corporate partnerships, commercial co-ventures, special events and individual giving. A successful candidate will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships and work as a team player to drive growth that achieves our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets.
The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management. Exceptional organizational and written and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position, as is the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and achieve results in a team environment.
- Creates and executes fundraising strategies to raise $250,000–$500,000 annually from corporations; works to grow additional avenues of revenue
- Serves as a member of the development team, influencing and driving relationships and best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals
- Responsible for developing and stewarding a portfolio of relationships to provide funding for our mission (sponsorship, retail campaigns, event teams, grants, donations and other partnerships)
- Develops revenue projections and provides financial analysis
- Oversees stewardship activities; ensures a high-touch response to partners and donors
- Works with high-level volunteers to provide local leadership, resources and partnerships
- Drives donor-centric partnerships to support financial goals of market events, programs and prioritized initiatives
- Delivers a high level of customer service to all constituents
- Ensures compliance with Association policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, and financial controls
- Demonstrates integrity, collaboration and stewardship
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and 1–2 years of nonprofit, fundraising and/or sales experience preferred
- Established success in fundraising and nonprofit leadership
- Proven track record of success in account management and developing corporate partnerships that result in exceeding revenue targets
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts
- Outcome-driven, with the ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer-based information systems
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
Take Your Career On A Mission
Are you looking for a career that directly impacts your community and beyond?
Over 34 million Americans have diabetes and over 84 million have prediabetes. The American Diabetes Association (ADA) offers a rewarding career working for one of the premier voluntary health organizations in the world supporting people with type 1 & type 2 diabetes.
Our employees like working at the ADA because of our mission, the inclusive environment, work-life balance, our benefits and our culture. Joining our dedicated team affords the gratification of knowing beyond a doubt that you will impact the lives and well-being of millions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the American Diabetes Association to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by May 31.