Director, Communications - Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- 16-May-2021 to 15-Jun-2021
- - Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Full Time
The director of communications position at the Indiana Chamber of Commerce is for a college graduate who has a minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience. It is primarily a writing role, with some public relations duties and with potential moderating/hosting/speaking opportunities if skills of candidate align.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writer and managing editor for the Indiana Chamber's award-winning BizVoice® magazine (four issues per year)
- Lead BizVoice Digital production and communications
- Write and assist with various communications for Indiana Chamber affiliate programs Indiana Workforce Recovery, Wellness Council of Indiana and Work and Learn Indiana (formerly Indiana INTERNnet)
- Write for the Chamber INsider newsletter to member organizations
- Write miscellaneous communications, including event scripting
- Coordinate Coolest Thing Made in Indiana competition (inaugural one begins in October)
- Write select press releases, communicate with media and assist with media hits collection/reports (part of three-person PR team)
- Provide IN Chamber podcast assistance (guest input, research and potential hosting/co-hosting opportunities)
- Editing and proofreading as needed (not primary role)
- Potential moderating/speaking opportunities (Example: BizVoice two-minute commentaries on the Inside Indiana Business TV program; recorded in house)
Other duties/projects as assigned and as necessary by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, English/writing or a related discipline
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work well with others and within a team – both externally and internally
- Proficient in proofreading and editing
- Exemplary knowledge in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Incumbent has no direct reports and therefore has no supervisory responsibilities.
Office environment, standing, sitting, walking, lifting between 10-25 lbs., speaking, hearing and manual dexterity.
About the Indiana Chamber:
The Indiana Chamber works to "cultivate a world-class environment which provides economic opportunity and prosperity for the people of Indiana and their enterprises." We do that by partnering with 25,000 members and investors, on behalf of more than four million Hoosiers.
The Indiana Chamber, formed in 1922, is the largest, broad-based business advocacy group in the state, representing businesses of all types and sizes throughout Indiana. Our legislative action team is the voice for pro-jobs, pro-economy public policies at the Statehouse and in Congress.
Over the years, the Indiana Chamber has adapted and expanded its core member benefits to better aid Hoosier businesses. Our robust list of publications and conferences provide businesses with the vital information they need to operate. Attorneys and specialists are used as sources to help our customers understand the laws and regulatory environment, thus keeping them on top of their industries and free from litigation.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.