Director of Human Resources – Noble
- 16-May-2021 to 15-Jun-2021
- - Noble of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Founded by families in 1953, Noble's services have evolved with the needs of the children and adults we serve. However, we have remained focused on the far-reaching mission of our organization and the powerful vision we have for the community we share.
To expand opportunities and enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities and their families through individualized services.
A world in which children and adults of all abilities live out their dreams in a community that embraces their contributions and recognizes them as fully participating members of our society.
Dream it. Live it.
Join us in celebrating the determination of the people we serve to strengthen our community through their contributions. Together, we can champion their efforts to enhance their quality of life. The result? A world in which each person is encouraged to Dream it. Live it.™ every single day.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides leadership and management of compensation and benefits administration, employee relations and staffing management, organizational and employee development, budgetary oversight and strategic planning. Supervises a team of HR professionals specializing in talent acquisition, benefits and generalist functions, and ensures legal and regulatory compliance within all functions of the department.
General content and requirements of the position.
· Design and administer compensation and benefit systems to attract, recognize and retain talent.
· Provide direction and oversight of HR staff responsible for talent acquisition, benefits and generalist responsibilities, and supervise other agency staff as assigned.
· Actively participate and/or lead agency committees, such as: Corporate Compliance, Safety, Employee Recognition, Retirement, and Employee Training and Development.
· Develop annual goals and objectives, staffing plans and budgets aligned with agency strategic initiatives.
· Provide consultative support to management team on resolution of personnel issues through performance management and coaching.
· Direct benefit and compensation programs ensuring contemporary design, efficient enrollment processes, legal compliance, customer service, communication and coordination with payroll and service providers.
· Establish and maintain agency training programs, including new employee orientation and onboarding programs, required annual trainings and professional development opportunities.
· Oversee the maintenance of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to ensure data integrity and timeliness of information and reporting.
· Manage benefit programs to ensure compliance with agency policies.
· Maintain records and process all worker's compensation claims, address accommodation requests, coordinate FMLA and personal leaves of absence requests, and complete annual reporting for OSHA, EEOC and CMS.
· Review and regularly update all department policies and procedures. Create new procedures as necessary.
· Review job descriptions and position classifications annually and as needed to ensure FLSA compliance. Create/revise job descriptions as needed.
· Seek out and/or act on opportunities to engage in advocacy efforts that preserve the rights of persons served.
· Perform other duties and/or complete special projects as may be requested or assigned.
· Ensure employee education on benefit plans and dissemination of required legal notices.
· Continually seek quality improvements for management of information flow to payroll, fiscal and management.
· Ensure upward and lateral communication within the department to promote teamwork and to foster positive attitudes toward department and agency goals.
· Identify and utilize effective verbal, written and electronic communication skills and vehicles to accomplish tasks and clarify information for all internal and external customers.
· Ensure that all communication takes place in a professional manner, reflecting dignity and respect for persons served.
· Utilize people-first language in written and verbal communication.
· Actively participate in department and committee meetings as appropriate, taking action on all assigned items.
· Immediately alert appropriate supervisor/manager of any potentially critical issue or crisis situation.
· Analyze HR metrics and survey data to identify trends and recommend strategies for continuous quality improvement.
· Evaluate benefit and compensation programs through research and market studies, and recommend design, policy and procedure changes as necessary.
· Review all internal and external materials to ensure accuracy and consistency with agency and department standards.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, business administration or related field.
- Minimum of three years progressive human resources experience.
- SPHR/PHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Professional/technical knowledge of general human resource management with an emphasis in benefits administration, HRIS, OSHA, FLSA, FMLA and related employment law.
- Must provide own transportation, have valid driver's license and driving record must meet insurability requirements.
- Must maintain and provide documentation of auto insurance at limits set by agency.
- Must have ability to lift/move materials weighing up to 25 lbs. periodically.
- Must maintain CPR and First Aid certification, and must stay current on all other training as defined by state, accreditation body or organization guidelines.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.