Tuition and Financial Aid Specialist - Guerin Catholic High School
- 17-May-2021 to 21-May-2021
- - Guerin Catholic High School
- Noblesville, IN, USA
- Full Time
St. Theodore Guerin High School is a diocesan, college preparatory high school serving approximately 750 students in grades 9-12. The school is dedicated to its mission of educating students from diverse backgrounds and preparing them to be servant leaders through faith formation, academic excellence and student life. Nationally recognized as one of the Top 50 Catholic High Schools in the country, Guerin Catholic is located in the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana, and serves several communities in and around Noblesville, IN.
The Tuition and Financial Aid Specialist supports the Director of Finance and Business Operations and has numerous responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the complete FACTS/ Smart Tuition/School Admin application and payment systems.
- Manages all student aid applications.
- Notifies families of financial aid and scholarship awards.
- Sets up all student tuition contracts.
- Manages all Indiana Choice Scholarships applications and state reporting.
- Utilizes Excel-based tools to process student/family financial aid.
- Meets with families on a regular basis, sometimes after hours.
- Attends State of Indiana Choice Scholarship meetings.
- Tracks and applies all scholarships and discounts to individual students.
To be considered, candidates must:
- Have a strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills.
- Be able to honor and maintain confidentiality.
- Have excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Possess respect and ability to uphold Catholic school teachings.
- Have knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Have computer literacy that includes keyboarding ability and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment, School Admin, Tuition Management and/or Financial Edge experience preferred.
- Have strong interpersonal/customer service skills; ability to communicate effectively with others; demonstrated collaborative skills.
- Have adeptness with multitasking and be able to prioritize work in a fast-paced setting.
- Be willing to take on new projects and be flexible.
- Be able to work independently, use initiative, and make substantive decisions quickly.
- Have the ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage people from different backgrounds.
- Bachelor degree in related field or 2+ years of relevant experience preferred.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions by May 21.