Donor Engagement Officer - Riley Children's Foundation
- 17-May-2021 to 16-Jun-2021
- - Riley Children’s Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Working as part of the Donor Engagement team and reporting to the Manager, Donor Engagement, the Donor Engagement Officer plays a critical role in supporting the donor development cycle by partnering with development officers to create a gratifying giving experience, leading to renewed gifts and enhanced support and engagement. The Donor Engagement Officer collaborates with development officers and hospital partners to develop proposals, create impact reports, and carry out donor recognition and stewardship for donors, with an emphasis on leadership and major gift donors. The individual works closely with the fundraising, communications and finance staff.
Key Responsibilities for the Donor Engagement Officer
1. Donor Recognition: Implement meaningful donor recognition for donors through giving societies, plaques, events and communications. Produce recognition listings in print or online. Partner with gift officers to identify appropriate naming opportunities in accordance with Riley Children's Foundation, Riley Children's Health, IU Health and IU policy. When applicable, manage signage and vendor relationships.
2. Impact Reporting: Manage the execution of endowment reporting and the current use stewardship reporting process. Work with the Finance and Communications teams to ensure information is clearly communicated, on-time and accurate, and that the process for sharing reports contributes to meaningful donor engagement opportunities.
3. Donor Experience: In collaboration with gift officers, support the development and implementation of personalized stewardship plans that may include: donor experiences with hospital and research teams; touchpoints from Riley kids and Riley Children's Foundation leadership; appropriate appreciation gifts to recognize generosity; and other highly tailored communications and interactions. Consult on and support stewardship activities for volunteer fundraisers.
4. General Team Functions: Collaborate with the Donor Engagement team to think of ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team's work. Establish, review and revise written procedures as needed. Review policies and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made. Actively participate in adding data to the database and ensuring existing data is correct and up to date. Devise new ways of using the database to maximum effectiveness and efficiency. File and maintain records using effective electronic and paper filing systems.
• Administrative: Maintain accountability to administrative systems and procedures including submitting expense reimbursements, credit card reconciliations, invoices, reports, RCF calendar additions, etc., by the deadlines assigned.
• Meetings: Prepare for and actively participate in all Riley Children's Foundation meetings as appropriate. Ensure expectations and tools for meeting agendas and follow-up are implemented.
• Budget: Work with your direct manager to manage and monitor the budget, staying within overall budget guidelines.
• Technology: Understand and effectively use the technology available at Riley Children's Foundation.
• Compliance: Ensure strict compliance with all Foundation policies, as well as local, state and federal laws that govern business practices.
6. Riley Children's Foundation Representative
• Volunteers: As appropriate, work with assigned community and service organizations that partner with Riley Children's Foundation to involve them in the mission.
• Tours: Give tours of the hospital, as appropriate.
7. Other Duties as Assigned
• Riley Children's Foundation events: Participate in Riley Children's Foundation Events as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Experience and Knowledge: Minimum 3-5 years' fundraising experience, preferably in a healthcare setting or equivalent client-focused environment. High-level knowledge of an overall donor journey or customer experience model.
• Skills: Problem-solving, research, analytical, writing and editing skills. Attention to detail and organization. Strong communication skills, with experience writing and/or copy editing a plus. Solid relationship-building. Diplomacy and tact. Understanding of individual donor needs and perceptions. Strong ability to speak in public. Sensitivity to needs of donors. Experience with database management and reporting a plus. Maturity to maintain matters in confidence.
• Qualities: Personal belief in Riley Children's Foundation vision, mission, core values and strategic direction. Results oriented. Ability to work independently under pressure and effectively prioritize a varied and diverse workload. Creative and resourceful. Inquisitive and sharp minded coupled with demonstrated aptitude for strategic donor or customer experience strategy. Self-motivating and self-starting. Team player. Must adhere to the highest ethical standards. Professional demeanor with good sense of humor and ability to adapt to change.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.