President & CEO - Coburn Place Safe Haven
- 17-May-2021 to 11-Jun-2021
- - Coburn Place/Charitable Advisors
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive salary
- Full Time
- Health insurance and competitive benefits package
This is a Charitable Advisors supported search. Potential candidates are invited to contact us with questions at the addresses below. Candidates bringing diverse backgrounds and experiences are invited to apply. The search committee is meeting in mid-June to review candidates.
Are you passionate about empowering people impacted by interpersonal abuse? Are you a service-minded and compassionate leader? At Coburn Place, our dedicated staff provide safety and advocacy to people and families through transitional and community-based housing along with trauma-informed and survivor-led services focusing on healing and independence. Programs and opportunities are also offered to children of survivors which allow them to thrive and just be kids. Each year, approximately 75% of survivors living on-site go on to safe, permanent housing.
We are seeking a President & CEO who will lead our team with passion and resolve to help survivors of interpersonal abuse. Coburn Place has been recognized as a top-tier provider of interpersonal abuse survivor services, including transitional housing. Our new leader's focus will be strengthening our teams and fortifying our operations in preparation for our next chapter of growth.
The President & CEO will be a strategic partner, with our diverse staff and board, who will foster collaborative relationships with staff, board of directors and key stakeholders to steward and grow long-term sustainability. Their approachable, transparent leadership and willingness to listen to and empower staff will positively contribute to the organizational culture. Annual budget of $3.5 mil and team of 45 staff. This role offers a great opportunity for a strong communicator interested in community service, nonprofit administration, and social justice.
- Provide leadership, management, and financial oversight of Coburn Place programming and facilities.
- Ensure a culture of excellence in service delivery and maintain visibility and accessibility to staff and survivors.
- Foster a collaborative work culture with strong leadership development to all staff through intentional coaching and feedback
- Oversee services and contracts with government and private funders program, ensuring compliance with all funding agreements.
- Oversee program budgets and fiscal forecasting, ensuring that all programs are adequately funded, and allocated funds are spent appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Develop and plan strategically for future facility and programmatic needs.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with local, state, and federal government agencies as well as foundations, community partners, and individual donors.
- Partner with development staff to develop and implement fundraising plans.
- Commitment to empowering adults and children impacted by interpersonal abuse.
- Knowledge of survivor's services and resources, experience with residential operations and programming is helpful.
- Bachelor's Degree, Graduate degree preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Nonprofit leadership and management experience, ideally working in social services, interpersonal abuse, domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or human trafficking.
- Supervisory/management experience with a demonstrated track record of contributing to strategic direction and operational management.
- Capacity to work effectively with others of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, languages, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, mental/physical abilities, and socioeconomic status.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication. Strong public speaker, advocate and convener.
- Fundraising and grant stewardship experience. Proven ability to build partnerships and cultivate relationships with community partners, government entities and donors.
- The ability to understand and interpret financial reports and an understanding of accounting procedures, practices, and budgeting.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
- What experience or qualities do you feel make you a good match for this position?
- Coburn Place is a complex organization that requires strong relationship and coordination skills within the organization and across the community. Briefly share how your experience aligns with the requirements for this position.
- Please describe your experience developing and implementing fundraising strategies to achieve organizational sustainability.
- Briefly share your success in creating a collaborative workplace culture. What did you emphasize?
Candidates from diverse backgrounds and experience are encouraged to apply.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Interested candidates are invited to contact Charitable Advisors with questions. Kathleen Poland at Kathleen@CharitableAdvisors.com or Bryan Orander at Bryan@CharitableAdvisors.com