Events Manager - Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana, Inc.
- 17-May-2021 to 01-Jun-2021
- - Ronald McDonald House of Indiana, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (employee coverage); life insurance; 401k plan; and paid time off
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana, Inc. (RMHCCIN) is committed to our mission of providing comfort, care, connections, and services to families of ill and injured children receiving care at Indianapolis-area hospitals. RMHCCIN is looking for an Events Manager with prior fundraising and event planning experience. The ideal candidate will be comfortable cultivating and soliciting sponsors, planning and executing a wide variety of events, and adept at managing volunteers and vendor relationships. Regardless of the event size or type, our events manager will assure every occasion is one which celebrates our mission. The individual will also serve as an ambassador of the House to all guests, donors, volunteers, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. Manage RMHCCIN organized internal and external events, including but not limited to, annual gala, golf event, holiday activities, donor events and similar activities.
- Direct development and implementation of event plans and strategies.
- Secure and set up appropriate event venues and provide on-site event operational leadership.
- Provide leadership and staff support to event planning committees including agenda development, scheduling, meeting facilitation and preparation of minutes, when required.
- Work collaboratively with Director of Development and Development team to organize and manage major donor, planned giving and donor recognition events and with the Volunteer Manager to organize volunteer recognition events.
- Develop, procure, plan and implement additional revenue generating activities for events, including silent auctions, raffles and live auctions, and manage all required licensure or exemptions under state gaming laws, where needed.
- Lead the solicitation of event sponsorships working collaboratively with the development team. Additionally, manage a portfolio of event sponsors and prospects to cultivate regular and increased support of RMH.
- Plan and implement post-event evaluations and process feedback for accountability and improvements.
- Plan and manage overall volunteer structure for events and coordinate with Volunteer Manager to secure needed volunteer resources for each event.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to prepare and manage event budgets to ensure revenue and expense targets.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to develop press releases, publicity materials, and marketing strategies to support events.
II. Other Responsibilities
- Serve as a member of the Development team. Assist other departments and House staff as appropriate and when directed by supervisor.
- Contribute to House team efforts by maintaining positive, supportive and flexible working relationships with fellow staff and volunteers in support of the House's mission to serve families of seriously ill or injured children being cared for at area hospitals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of fundraising and event planning experience required
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills, must be outgoing, service-minded and compassionate
- Strong organizational, public speaking and presentation skills with proven ability to complete tasks thoroughly and on time
- Knowledge of MS Office and nonprofit database management – Raiser's Edge experience preferred
- Experience overseeing and working with volunteers required
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when necessary
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is primarily indoor office but will have some outdoor work or activities, including special events in various venues. Can transport up to 25 pounds.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
- Why are you interested in this position and what do you hope to gain from the opportunity?
- Tell us about an experience when you planned a successful event.
- Please share a time when you were able to secure a new event sponsor or how you increased an existing sponsor's commitment to an event or your organization?
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter by June 1, 2021.
RMHCCIN is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.