Education Specialist - La Plaza, Inc.
- 17-May-2021 to 16-Jun-2021
- - La Plaza Inc.
- Indianapolis, IA, USA
- Full Time
The Education Specialist at La Plaza, Inc. works to advance the Tu Futuro program, whose objectives are to encourage and support Latino students and their parents through presentations, small group workshops, one on one meetings and outreach regarding higher education and career exploration and preparation.
Primary responsibilities of the Education Specialist will include implementation of a series of workshops in local high schools, as well as coordination of field trips and events for Tu Futuro students and their families. This individual will work primarily with high school students. This is a full time position with full benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Program Coordination and Outreach,
- Develop annual program goals and objectives and update/develop program materials,
- Maintain established partnerships with local schools and community organizations in order to recruit potential workshop participants,
- Create a plan to promote the program and recruit community partners and workshop participants.
II. Program Implementation
- Deliver informational presentations and follow up workshops to Latino students and parents that promote post-secondary education enrollment and career exploration
- Follow up with workshop participants and assist co-workers with inquiries from students regarding post-secondary admissions, enrollment, and financial aid
- Maintain student records, initiate follow-up, track participants, and provide the data for use in program evaluation
- Coordinate community service activities, college visits, and other educational field trips for participants
III. Program Evaluation
- Conduct pre and post assessments at workshops and follow up surveys with participants
- Maintain performance indicators and report those to program director monthly
- Document and maintain records of community-based education program best practices
IV. Other Tasks
- Supervise interns and volunteers
- Maintain records of and monitor program expenses
- Assist with grant management including grant reports
- B.A. or B.S. degree in education or related field (master's degree preferred)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish including written and verbal communication
- Strong knowledge of public schools, community and higher education resources in the Indianapolis metropolitan area
- Knowledge of and experience with program design and coordination
- Culturally competent and knowledgeable of Latino students' background, educational challenges, and needs
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational, technology, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with and motivating high school youth and young adults
- Ability to effectively present to and teach individuals & groups
- Available some evenings & Saturdays
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Miriam Acevedo Davis.
Any questions may be directed by email to Miriam Acevedo Davis at email@example.com