Workplace Giving Specialist (Temporary) - United Way of Central Indiana
- 24-May-2021 to 23-Jun-2021
- - United Way of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $20.00 per hour
- Full-time Temporary
Team Machine Fundraising Team
(full-time, temporary position, Mid July – Early November 2020)
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The role of Workplace Giving Specialist will assist the corporate fundraising team to organize, develop, and manage workplace pledge drives and grow the level of financial support and commitment to United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) for assigned portfolio of accounts.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Organize, develop, and manage corporate workplace pledge drives and engagement working with the Employee Engagement Coordinators (EEC) of assigned accounts utilizing email, phone calls, and in person meetings.
- Provide outstanding customer service - assist workplace Employee Engagement Coordinators with timely follow up in planning, implementing, and completing the account's workplace pledge drives and engagement activities that inspire giving.
- Make effective presentations through public speaking to employee groups emphasizing the impact of UWCI in the community utilizing power point, marketing videos and virtual platforms where applicable.
- Coordinate with internal volunteer engagement team to invite EEC and accounts to participate and support various service events and projects available to create additional community impact opportunities for assigned accounts.
- Monitor and track progress of financial and non-financial results thru SCRM reports and various tools like excel.
- Achieve giving and engagement goals for assigned accounts.
- Enter and maintain the most current and accurate information in UWCI's database/SCRM on all assigned accounts such as but not limited to contact information, dates, pledges, giving and engagement results.
- Keep manager informed of progress and report any problems that may arise.
- Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. Must have the ability to multitask and be agile in a fast-paced work environment. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree preferred or at least one year of relevant experience in marketing, sales and/or fundraising. Proven successful experience in customer service management is required.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and effective presentation skills for audiences of various sizes. Must be able to calculate percentages, increases/decreases on accounts, proportions and accurately set numerical goals. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions required. Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position. Effective time management is essential along with the ability to multi-task. A demonstrated keen sense of relationship building is needed. Must be computer proficient (Microsoft office) and detail oriented. An understanding of and the need for commitment to community improvement is a must.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Thinking Strategically
- Stakeholder Experience
- Effective Communication
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.