Substance Use Therapist - Children's Bureau, Inc.
- 24-May-2021 to 23-Jun-2021
- - Children’s Bureau, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Therapist is responsible for providing trauma focused therapeutic interventions in order to allow for sustained sobriety and improved functioning as an individual and within their family and community.
Here's what you can expect in the way of specific job responsibilities as well as time allocation estimates:
- Analytically provide counseling support to a caseload of individuals, families, and groups working to achieve and maintain sobriety, resolve legal issues, and achieve family reunification or preservation.
- Proactively guide clients through clear, beneficial counseling methods to accomplish client-set goals as well as the goals of the organization
- Complete bio-psycho-social assessments to determine level of care needed for Outpatient services
- Maintain the high integrity of the therapeutic standards outlined by professional degrees and licenses
Therapy Support (50%)
- Efficient and timely communication with Department of Child Services, legal departments, and other various institutions related to client
- Thorough completion of monthly reports and documentation of all contacts with client and related contacts
To be successful in this role, you need to have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Master's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy
- Must have one of the following licensures: LMHCA, LMHC, LMFTA, LMFT, LCSW, or LSW.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to work three evenings until 8:30 pm (Mon-Thurs)
- Experience in substance use treatment and trauma informed care
- Knowledge of working with adults navigating the legal system and/or Department of Child Services, as well as basic skills in group, individual, and family counseling
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization & time management skills
- Valid driver's license with valid insurance
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Children's Bureau does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.