Accounting Manager - Alpha Gamma Delta Property Management
- 24-May-2021 to 04-Jun-2021
- - Alpha Gamma Delta Property Management, LLC
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- eligibile for medical, dental, and vision benefits, company paid life insurance, and company paid short and long term disability coverage
Reports To: Executive Director
About the FHC: Formed in the Summer of 2010, the Fraternity Housing Corporation (FHC) exists to provide safe, competitive, and attractive housing and meeting facilities for the members of Alpha Gamma Delta. Today, the FHC owns or leases almost over 65 Alpha Gamma Delta homes, dorms, lodges, and suites across the United States. The FHC is committed to providing the highest quality property management support for each unique chapter served.
Job Summary: The Accounting Manager is responsible for FHC financial operations and fiscal integrity. They plan and direct activities of the Finance department. They will provide financial reports to management to ensure the planning, execution and administration of all accounting and finance functions. Assist in preparing for the annual audit, oversee tax compliance and manage the loan portfolio. They will enjoy solving problems and identifying opportunities by digging into financial details.
Accounting and Reporting
- Oversee all general ledger and journal entries, establish protocols for recording transactions, and review monthly entries for accuracy.
- Manage fixed asset records and reports for the FHC.
- Monitor financial condition by reviewing financial reports, preparing dashboard reports, and reporting any concerns to the Executive Director.
- Prepare monthly FHC financial statements and associated dashboard reports for distribution to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare necessary reports that the FHC must file related to local, state, and federal taxes in conjunction with chosen accounting firm.
- Prepare IRS forms 1099 and 1096, as needed.
- Prepare annual unclaimed property reports.
- Prepare annual tax exemption applications and or/ annual property tax returns.
- Work to maximize return and limit risk by making recommendations on the management of balances among bank accounts.
- Protect assets by monitoring internal controls and communicating any issues of concern to the Executive Director.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements and advise the Executive Director of any needed actions to maintain compliance.
- Maintain records of vendors and vendor contracts, vendor W-9 forms and insurance certificates.
- Maintain procedure manuals for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and financial reports.
- Manage security and key deposit accounts.
- Manage monthly banking reconciliation process for the FHC and perform a monthly review of reconciliations prior to the distribution of monthly financial reports.
- Provide information and financial data to support the preparation of the FHC annual budget.
- Assist in annual budget proposal with necessary change recommendations and documentation.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions, with the approval of the Executive Director, when necessary.
- Serve as the lead staff member in carrying out the annual audit with the designated outside auditing firm.
- Prepare required year-end reports and schedules for the annual audit.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by providing information to external auditors.
- Work with Audit Committee to review and approve audit.
- Manage and guide two accounting specialists.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with FHC's plans and vision.
- Organize workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Monitor employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Customer focus – Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Communicates effectively – Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Situational adaptability – Adapt approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Financial Acumen – Interpret and apply understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Manages Complexity – Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Thorough understanding of budgetary and accounting principles, practices, and policies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make knowledge-based decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Experience with process management, standards development, audit management, financial and cost accounting, developing, and analyzing budgets.
- Flexible, able to adapt to changing needs, shift priorities as required and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Adept at critical thinking and able to trouble-shoot and problem-solve collaboratively and independently.
- Able to demonstrate sound decision-making in high pressure conditions with minimal oversight.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably accounting or finance.
- 4+ years' experience; nonprofit or public accounting a plus.
- Membership in Alpha Gamma Delta or another college-based social fraternity or sorority a plus.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment is primarily in an office environment but involves frequent work performed from out-of-office locations for job related activities and occasional activities which are outdoors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability and willingness to work from the International Headquarters offices in Indianapolis.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability and willingness to travel out of state for up to a week at a time.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 – 50 pounds at times for a distance of 20 feet occasionally.
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Click the APPLY button to apply online by June 4.