Housing Coordinator - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 24-May-2021 to 23-Jun-2021
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and asylees to Indiana and offers them a place to call home. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, as well as education, employment and health services for individuals and families starting out in their new lives. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works with Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
The purpose of the position is to oversee all aspects of the Exodus Refugee Immigration Housing Department. The Housing Coordinator will be versed in the best practices of resettlement programs. They will work with staff to deliver services to clients that are compassionate, culturally competent, and of the highest level of quality. They form and maintain partnerships with housing providers to meet all program requirements and to maintain a broad network of affordable and appropriate housing options available to refugees.
- Manages all aspects of the agency's housing department.
- Oversees the management of storage/warehouse space and all donated furnishings and household items.
- Arranges housing for newly arriving clients which includes both temporary (Airbnb/hotel) and permanent housing solutions.
- Communicates with current apartment complexes or rental properties about housing needs and issues.
- Supervises provision of adequate food for new arrivals.
- Researches and builds relationships with prospective rental properties.
- Supervises R&P funds expenditures on housing needs in casefiles, budgets, and database.
- Collaborates with agency's Outreach and Communications Manager in building relationships with local churches, organizations, groups, and other donors to procure regularly needed items.
- Contacts local and national companies to inquire about donations and/or discounted items regularly needed by the Housing Department.
- Communicates with Exodus staff members regarding both pre and post arrival arrival housing needs and concerns.
- Coordinates all utilities (electric, gas, internet, and cellphone) to be set up and/or transferred to clients' name.
- Participates in weekly Exodus All Staff and R&P team meetings.
- May supervise and provide back-up assistance to additional Housing staff, as agency needs grow.
- Participates in Emergency and Airport week on a rotating basis with other staff.
- Manages housing related grants including proper use of funds and grant reporting.
- Provides guidance to Exodus staff regarding Extended Program housing needs.
- Assists with managing volunteers who support housing set-ups and warehouse organization.
- Reports to the Director of Operations.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have a bachelor's degree and/or significant professional level experience.
- Preferably have a minimum of two years of experience in non-profit or social services work.
- Experience supervising others and/or leading a team.
- Must be able to effectively work with colleagues and clients of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility, and commitment to the mission of Exodus.
- PC proficiency, competent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.