Pre-Arrival Associate - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 24-May-2021 to 23-Jun-2021
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and asylees to Indiana and offers them a place to call home. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, as well as education, employment and health services for individuals and families starting out in their new lives. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works with Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
The purpose of this position is to deliver support to refugees through our Reception and Placement Program (R&P) in adherence to the Cooperative Agreement. The Pre-Arrival Associate will be responsible for all pre-arrival processing: communicating with Church World Service (CWS); contacting and educating US Ties; organizing arrival information; contacting appropriate medical providers; and providing general administrative and back-up support to R&P case management staff.
- Create case file, casenotes, budget and workbook for each assured refugee case
- Update Exodus database with each refugee case biodata information
- Communicate with US Ties regarding case information, including travel updates
- Assure allocated cases and communicate with CWS pre-arrival liaison
- Assist with the coordination of housing for arriving refugee cases
- Communicate with Marion County Public Health Department (MCPHD) regarding initial health screenings, urgent medical needs, and MCPHD requests for follow-up
- Coordinate scheduling of appointments to include SSA, MCPHD initial health screening, and FSSA initial interviews
- Arrange pocket money, welcome letter, laptop, and seasonal clothing for each arriving refugee case to receive upon arrival
- Coordinate application for public assistance benefits
- Process EAD receipts, cards and Requests for Evidence (RFE) for newly arrived refugee clients
- Create, maintain and update monthly Arrivals calendars
- Print I-94's for newly arrived refugees and report anomalies to CWS in a timely manner
- Assist eligible clients with filing Affidavits of Relationships (AORs) and provide timely follow-up communication
- Programmatic knowledge of all services (health department, social security, welfare, etc.) involving refugees.
- Assist R&P Case Managers with appointments as needed
- Assists with answering office phone calls and covering front desk on a daily basis
- Performs other duties as may be required by the Director of Operations.
- Participates in weekly Exodus staff meetings.
- Participates in emergency and airport week on a rotating basis with other staff.
- Reports to Director of Operations
- Must have a bachelor's degree and/or significant professional level experience.
- Preferably have a minimum of two years of experience in non-profit or social services work.
- Experience supervising others and/or leading a team.
- Must be able to effectively work with colleagues and clients of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility, and commitment to the mission of Exodus.
- PC proficiency, competent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.