Reception and Placement Case Manager - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 24-May-2021 to 23-Jun-2021
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and asylees to Indiana and offers them a place to call home. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, as well as education, employment and health services for individuals and families starting out in their new lives. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works with Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
The purpose of the R&P Case Manager is to provide intensive case management services primarily during the Reception & Placement (R&P) period, the first 90 days from a refugee's date of arrival and up to 6 months. The R&P Case Manager provides and documents these services in accordance with the guidelines listed in the Cooperative Agreement. The R&P Case Manager is the first and most important service provider in the lives of newly arriving refugees. As such, they maintain regular and consistent contact with the refugee(s), assess and monitor refugees' needs and goals, advocate on behalf of refugees to guarantee that they receive benefits and quality care, and make referrals to both Exodus programs and outside organizations to ensure that refugees' needs are met. This position reports to and is supervised by the Manager of Reception and Placement.
- Provides a comprehensive orientation and intake to newly arriving refugees that assesses client needs and goals, communicates expectations of the resettlement process and establishes a strong, supportive relationship with the client.
- Educates clients throughout the R&P period on how to access needed services so that refugees are able to attain and maintain self-sufficiency once completing Exodus programs.
- Ensures the provision of mandated core services including a health department screening, applying for social security cards, public benefits, medical care, school enrollment, and all other required services.
- Maintains up-to-date programmatic knowledge of all services (health department, social security, welfare, etc.) involving refugees.
- Provides information and referrals that are culturally and financially appropriate to assist clients in maintaining basic needs and reaching self-sufficiency.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the requirements of the Cooperative Agreement, Match Grant Guidelines and the Policies and Procedures of the agency.
- Provides or secures transportation to refugees for needed services.
- Secures interpreters for clients who have limited understanding of the English language.
- Documents all services provided to clients in accordance with Cooperative Agreement, Match Grant Guidelines and Exodus' policies and procedures.
- Prepares client reports within required deadlines.
- Coordinates with Exodus staff on other client needs that arise and makes referrals accordingly.
- Ensures that program goals and outcomes are achieved.
- Works closely with Exodus staff to ensure that all services are delivered to clients.
- Attends weekly staff and team meetings.
- Participates in Exodus staff training and development activities.
- Participates in the on-call ER/Airport rotation.
- Performs other duties as may be required by the supervisor.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred in social work or related field.
- Preferably have a minimum of two years of experience in social services.
- Should be familiar with the local social services community.
- Fluency in English and one of the following languages is preferred: Arabic, Burmese, Chin, Kinyarwanda, Spanish, Swahili, or Tigrinya.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
- Must be comfortable in intercultural environments.
- Must be able to work occasional hours outside of normal business hours.
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility and commitment to refugees.
- Must be able to function as part of a team.
- PC proficiency, competent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.