Research Associate - United Way of Central Indiana
- 24-May-2021 to 23-Jun-2021
- - United Way of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Strategic Information Team Impact Division
Assist with research and analytical projects conducted by the Strategic Information (SI) Department in support of the organization's goals and objectives. Act as a liaison between the Strategic Information Department, internal partners (fundraising, marketing, and community impact) and external partners (including United Way's accredited partner agencies). Support Strategic Information data collection and analysis on Accreditation, Impact Fund data analysis, and community data analysis.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Director of Strategic Research and Analytics and other members of the Strategic Information team to define and design analytical projects.
- Support internal efforts to collect and analyze Accreditation data from UWCI partner Community Based Organizations (CBOs), including but not limited to:
o Work closely with organizations to ensure successful completion of accreditation and re- accreditation
o Analyze and interpret results of needs assessment data of current accredited CBOs
o Analyze and assess 990s and audited financials
o Assist and collaborate with Senior Research Analyst in annual CBO impact analysis to identify new opportunities for accredited organizations and impact fund organizations
o Lead efforts to collect organize, scrub, validate, and analyze data collected from the new accreditation tool and re-accreditation tool
o Manage accreditation documentation on Community Portal and Salesforce CRM
o Maintain contacts of accredited organizations
o Design Visualizations and Dashboard to inform data driven decisions for accreditation
o Collaborate and co-lead efforts to design and implement New ED orientation quarterly webinars
- Lead efforts in building capacity building initiatives surrounding data collection and outcomes reporting for Grassroots and faith-based organizations.
- Support SI in current and ongoing projects and data analytics
- Support Capacity Building team with data research and analytics on areas of support for accredited community partners.
- Support CI team with Impact Fund application validation and research
- Assist in the validation, reporting and analysis of Impact Funds data using SQL.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards to track impact metrics, understand data trends, and create reports and visualizations for United Way team members.
- Collaborate and support additional SI project, including but not limited to:
o Help train internal and external partners on data-entry and data integrity.
o Develop and implement research designs, inclusive of methodology and appropriate statistical methods for analyzing data on assigned projects.
o Utilize ESRI GIS tools such as ArcGIS to create maps and provide understanding of variables in a given geographic location.
o Prepare and present research results and related implications and recommendations both in writing and verbal communications based on a demonstrated understanding of the given audience and research objectives.
o Assist with program evaluation and data analysis for UWCI programs and initiatives
o Maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise with traditional and new research methods, analytical techniques, and technologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree preferred. *Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Understanding of community data sets and community level analysis.
- Knowledge of SQL programming language, database structures and Business Intelligence (BI) analytics software preferred.
- Working knowledge of SPSS or relational database concepts and other business analytics tools is preferred.
- Must possess a high level of computer proficiency and knowledge of various computer software, with skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Functional knowledge of Esri products suite, including ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Online preferred.
- Ability to see the big picture and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Thinking Strategically
- Stakeholder Experience
- Effective Communication
Click the APPLY button to Apply online now.