Conference & Member Events Associate - Indiana CPA Society
- 01-Jun-2021 to 30-Jun-2021
- - Indiana CPA Society
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Pays $25.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Full Time
- Includes the following benefits health insurance, 401(k), summer and holiday hour to name a few
Summary: Under the direction of Director – Learning & Collaboration, this position works to continually enhance member value through ensuring a positive experience for conference attendees and speakers both in-person and virtually. This position works closely with member volunteers and the Director--Learning & Collaboration to plan and execute INCPAS Conferences and events. As part of the Member Services Department, this position provides overall customer service and other daily administrative functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary contact for contract negotiations with hotels, meeting facilities for all Conference, Convention, Corporate Hotel Rates, and Off-site seminars.
- Primary contact for all conferences, convention or events ran in-person or virtually.
- Prepares set-up instructions for facilities hosting events, including food and beverage, billing, audio/visual needs, etc.
- Attends conferences (in-person and/or virtually) and off-site events (if needed) to facilitate registration process, set-up, speaker/member needs, etc.
- Attends conference project team meetings and calls, takes minutes and performs follow-up with conference project team members.
- Gathers conference session information from project team members and speakers.
- Provides updates, ideas and feedback about conference and member events to staff members.
- Makes hotel reservations for conference and off-site speakers and confirms needs of speakers for all in-person and virtual events.
- Coordinates with Senior Member Associate of cancelled and/or changed CPE offsite events.
- Coordinates with speakers on availability, honorarium, session title and description for all conferences.
- Prepares and sends and countersigns speaker agreements for all conferences.
- Prepares all conference survey evaluations in SoGoSurvey software and sends to conference attendees.
- Prepares preliminary information for conference and event brochures for Communications Department.
- Primary responsibility for uploading conference information into Net Forum.
- Primary responsibility for gathering and uploading all conference materials to materials page of incpas.org
- Works with ICLEF to obtain CLE for conference and other programs as needed.
- Calculates CPE, CLE, A&A and Ethics hours for all conference agendas.
- Works to reconcile CPE credits and close all conferences and off-site seminars as needed.
- Distributes CPE Letters for all conferences.
- Pulls conference survey results and formats for all post-conference project team meetings.
- Prepares conference demographics post conference.
- Verifies incoming invoices (hotels, meeting facilities, speakers, etc.), adds proper internal cost center and expense information for accounting, records in month end spreadsheet and routes completed invoices to proper management for approval.
- Signs and approves all BEOs for off-site events.
- Pulls mailing lists for all conference and off-site seminars communications (i.e. brochures, post cards)
- Works with communications team to get conference details and materials updated for the website.
- Assists in performing room set up and clean up for INCPAS classrooms and conference rooms.
- Maintains an inventory of available visual and audio aids for use at conferences and other off-site events.
- Assists Director – Learning & Collaboration with annual budget process as it relates to conferences.
- Talks with members and other customers via telephone, e-mail and in person regarding events, membership information and other services provided by INCPAS. Provides back up to Member Services staff in answering phones and providing service. (3rd in rotation)
- Communicates clearly and effectively with members, potential members, vendors and others who have inquiries about INCPAS.
- Other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This is a full-time position. Modifications to a reduced schedule is at the discretion of INCPAS and the following factors may be considered: 1) job duties change due to reorganization, economic conditions, or business evolution; or 2) job duties may be modified, reduced or reassigned upon employee's request if the change to a reduced schedule does not create undue hardship or financial burden on INCPAS.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training and/or Experience
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; and a minimum of three years related experience as a meeting/event planner with both in-person and virtual events; Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) certification preferred, but not required.
Experience with contact management systems, database software, and Office 365 suite – Microsoft Teams, a plus.
INCPAS Staff Core Competencies
Member Love – recruit, retain, engage and serve – Interaction with members to create a positive environment.
Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration – teamwork for staff, members, customers, clients - Working with staff, members and others to share knowledge and create a team environment.
Resource Management – finances, human resources, volunteers; people management; and technological resources – Use resources wisely whether it's spending money on programs or being aware of how much time volunteers spend working on INCPAS projects. Also, maximize technology to simplify work flow.
Compliance – legal, regulatory, ethics, and governance - Address compliance issues as they arise (e.g. helping a member renew their license, answering an ethics questions or ensuring that we are meeting the terms of a contract or agreement that INCPAS has signed.)
Problem Solving and Empowerment – program development, staff culture, and safe-to-fail – Confidently handle problems when you are presented with them when you are working on programs, projects or even your daily task.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.