Development Coordinator - Dayspring Center, Inc.
- 01-Jun-2021 to 11-Jun-2021
- - Dayspring Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- benefits package includes health insurance, pension, and more
Dayspring Center is a non-profit agency providing emergency shelter to homeless families with children. The Development Coordinator works with the Executive Director to implement Dayspring's Fund Development Plan and ensure adequate funding to support the agency's core operations and programs. The Development Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of grant process including research new funding opportunities as directed by the Executive Director, preparation, submission, final reporting and management.
- Develop relationships with funders, both new and existing, in order to secure and cultivate funding and expand donor base (recurring, corporate, church, and community organizations).
- Compose and oversee distribution of donor appeal letters and acknowledgement of all contributions.
- Manage Dayspring's donor database including entering and acknowledging contributions, running queries for reporting purposes, and donor research.
- Compose monthly e-news, special notifications, and a quarterly newsletter. Familiarity with Mailchimp a plus.
- Plan, organize and oversee fundraising events. Includes preparation of event budget, secure sponsors, in-kind donations, and other items needed for event.
- Increase community awareness of Dayspring Center's mission through participation in community fairs and engagement opportunities for groups
- A minimum of 2 years experience in nonprofit fundraising or degree in related field is preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Knowledge of Bloomerang data/donor base software helpful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Must be able to work as a team, accept specific direction, and also work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required
- Adherence to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Principals and Donor Bill of Rights
- High ethical standards and commitment to core values
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional nights and weekends
- Ability to understand the needs as well as share the mission and programs
Strengthened by Diversity
We believe that the best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences. Committed to inclusivity, diversity and equity Dayspring Center offers equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of race color, religion, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, age, parental or veteran status.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume, or mail to:
Lori E. Casson, MSW, Executive Director Dayspring Center, Inc.
P.O. Box 44105
Indianapolis, IN 46244-0105
No phone calls please!
benefits package includes health insurance, pension, and more