Vice President of Artistic Programming - Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- 01-Jun-2021 to 30-Jun-2021
- - Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Pops and Presentations Coordinator coordinates all ongoing responsibilities with regard to Pops Department productions including: Pops Series, Yuletide Celebration, and Pops Presentations. Acts as administrator and company manager for all Pops productions. Facilitates collaborative creation of new Pops productions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Track budget expenditures and ensure compliance to budgetary spending.
- Process invoices for payment, complete and reconcile expense reports for department purchases.
- Maintain archival copies of production documents and archival audio/video recordings.
- Prepare documentation for payment to artists and staff and create detailed itineraries
- Serve as point of contact for Pops department, act as liaison to Principal Pops Conductor/Guest Conductor/guest artists and provide administrative support to Principal Pops Conductor.
- Initiate and manage to full execution contracts for guest artists and production staff.
- Provide or arrange for airfare and ground transportation of guest artists and staff to accommodations, rehearsals, and performances
- Manage detailed and timely communication with artists' management and agencies and obtain and deliver biographical information for program publication.
- Advance all productions with appropriate parties to ensure fulfillment of technical, facility, rider, and contractual requirements.
- Work closely with stage management to facilitate and schedule production needs.
- Ensure full execution of rider agreements.
- Work with hotels to provide discretionary hospitality as needed, act as chauffeur when appropriate for guest artists and staff, arrange catering and execution of receptions, parties, and VIP events as required
- Ensure fulfillment of comp tickets per guest artist and staff guidelines.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned.
- SYMPHONIC POPS CONSORTIUM: This position may be called on to assist SPC Manager with various tasks associated with the SPC.
- SYMPHONY ON THE PRAIRIE: This position will be required to work all orchestral Pops weeks during the Symphony on the Prairie season. May be called on to assist with Guest Artist Hospitality for some additional Symphony on the Prairie concerts.
BA or BFA required. Industry experience is highly valued. Valid US driver's license required. Must be able to bend and lift up to fifty pounds. Proficiency with Microsoft Office essential. Familiarity with OPAS, Tessitura and MIP a plus, but not required. Must be flexible in work style and demeanor and able to deal with many distinct and divergent personalities with tact, diplomacy and courtesy. Adept decision making, interpersonal skills, excellent organizational and writing skills and ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously are essential. Frequent evening and weekend work is required.
INTERNAL: Frequent communication with ISO staff and orchestra personnel
EXTERNAL: Contact with vendors, directors, designers, guest artists, guest artists' management, conductors, and staff of other orchestras nationally.
CONTENT OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:
Company financial information, guest artist contracts and personalities, contact information, and confidential future programming information.
SPAN OF SUPERVISION
Provide direction to stagehands, contracted production staff, directors, interns, designers, and cast members.
To inspire, entertain, educate and challenge through innovative programs and symphonic music performed at the highest artistic level.
At the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, we are one team committed to achieving our mission through:
- Outstanding performance on and off the stage.
- Extraordinary service to both internal and external customers.
- A compassionate workplace built on trust and mutual respect.
- A culture of flexibility and openness to change.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.
The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.