Administrative Assistant (Part-time) - Disability Legal Services of Indiana
- 01-Jun-2021 to 30-Jun-2021
- - Disability Legal Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Starting pay $15/hour
- Part Time
DLSI Mission Statement:
Disability Legal Services of Indiana, Inc. (DLSI) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization offering free and low-cost legal services to children and adults with disabilities in Indiana, primarily in education law. There are over 170,000 children with disabilities receiving special education services in Indiana. When faced with concerns over special education services, parents often feel overwhelmed and have few places to turn for assistance. DLSI fills this void. With our assistance, parents work with their child's school to obtain effective educational services for their children. In addition, we provide training and resources to Indiana parents and professionals regarding the various aspects of the special education process.
DLSI is seeking a part-time administrative assistant for 10-15 hours a week to provide office assistance and support for two attorneys at DLSI's office located in Indianapolis, IN. On the job training will be provided and flexible scheduling of hours can be accommodated. Free onsite parking.
- Responding to phone, mail, and website communication
- Tracking applications, communication with contacts, and client information
- Preparing invoices and correspondence
- Maintaining DLSI's electronic and hard copy filing system
- Performing data entry and preparing reports
- Monitoring DLSI's social media and marketing platforms
- Maintaining office supplies
- Conducting other clerical duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma with 2+ years administrative support experience, associate or bachelor's degree is a plus,
- Proficiency in Adobe and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook,
- Confident user of technology and ability to learn new platforms quickly,
- Familiarity with social media including Facebook and LinkedIn,
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential,
- Ability to work independently, including the ability to prioritize projects and tasks,
- Strong problem-solving skills,
- Excellent communication and organizational skills,
- English communication skills required,
- Spanish communication skills are a plus.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
- What skills do you believe are most important in the role of an administrative assistant and why?
- What software and office equipment are you proficient in using?
- What do you enjoy about being an administrative assistant?
- What do you find most attractive about this part-time position?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.