Program Director, Kiwanis Youth Programs - Kiwanis International
- 01-Jun-2021 to 30-Jun-2021
- - Kiwanis International
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- full benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Sec 125, Life, STD, LTD, AD&D, 401(k), educational reimbursement and much more! Not eligible for relocation benefits.
Kiwanis Youth Programs
The Program Director is responsible for supervision and oversight of the leadership programs, content, and curricula of the Kiwanis Youth Programs (KYP) including Key Club, Builders Club, K-Kids, and other Service Leadership Programs (SLP) for young adults and adults with disabilities including Circle K and Aktion Club, and the Staff and volunteer leadership that support those programs. Responsible for program assessment, achieving strategic outcomes, and development of new leadership-related concepts, projects, and programs. Additionally, responsible for oversight of initiatives that lead to market growth and expansion of membership bases.
- Work closely with the Executive Officer of Kiwanis Youth Programs and KYP/SLP Staff to achieve the strategic objectives of the organization and the Kiwanis International Office, and to ensure the appropriate level of cross-functional coordination with other departments by discussing special projects, timelines and issues impacting the organization.
- Design, create and manage all leadership development, education and support curricula, program content and delivery.
- Create opportunities for growth, primarily with Key Club International and Circle K International through lead generation, audience data and research, identifying emerging markets, and monitoring market shifts.
- Supervise and manage staff; hire, motivate, recognize, coach, counsel and train staff; conduct performance reviews of all direct reports.
- Work closely with the members of the KYP/SLP Team to develop supporting goals, strategies, plans and budgets to achieve the vision, mission, and strategic objectives of the organization and the International Office. Set overall direction for how the department conducts its work. Identify, address, and resolve team issues.
- Contribute to overall strategy development for marketing and fundraising of Kiwanis programs.
- Serve as a liaison to the Kiwanis Youth Program board and specific committees that impact Kiwanis youth Programs. Responsible for the education and preparation of Kiwanis leaders to execute Service Leadership Programs, including trustees, district administrators, and Kiwanis governors. Attend all Kiwanis Youth Program board meetings.
- Develop and manage department budgets and be accountable for financial performance of all Kiwanis programs.
- Speak to internal and external audiences about Kiwanis programs.
- Responsible for aligned service and leadership curricula for the organization.
- Oversight of initiatives to engage alumni of Kiwanis programs in the continuing work of the organization.
- Provide oversight of other Kiwanis-branded service and children's programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, education, leadership, or equivalent; Master's degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of leadership development and training programs in high school, higher education or not-for-profit environment
- 5-7 years' experience at a mid or senior management role with oversight of several department managers
- Experience in leadership development programs for youth and/or young adults
- Experience in partnership formation and collaboration
- Ability to develop, present and deliver strategic program plans
- Good public speaker able to moderate small to large groups
- Demonstrated creative ability and writing proficiency
- Strong communication and support abilities
- Building effective teams
- Continuous innovation
- Capable of maintaining positive working relationships
- Developing others
- Conflict management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google suite products
- Microsoft Outlook– utilization of email, calendar, and management tools
- Internet Proficiency
- Social media networking skill
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Doctorate degree a plus
- Kiwanis Family experience a plus
- Experience working with volunteers
- Multilingual a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS/OTHER INFORMATION:
- Domestic travel required
- Some international travel required
- Weekend work required
- Use of desktop or laptop computer a significant portion of the time
- Work in close proximity to other staff
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
No phone calls.
Principals only. EOE.