Prospect Development Analyst - Riley Children’s Foundation
- 01-Jun-2021 to 15-Jun-2021
- - Riley Children’s Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Working as part of the Development Operations team and reporting to the Manager, Fundraising Data Analytics, the Prospect Development Analyst assists in reaching the Foundation's strategic goals by utilizing best practices to increase the size and quality of our prospect pools and facilitate donor movement within portfolios. The Analyst works closely with his/her manager and gift officers to ensure they are working with the right donors for the right gifts at the right time with the right initiatives
• Program Management: Manage relationship and research request process with external research vendor, ensuring research product options align with the Foundation's needs.
• Ad-Hoc Requests: Complete research requests which cannot be completed by the vendor due to time or confidentiality restraints, as needed.
• Screenings: Process batch and individual screenings as needed to maintain the appropriate data on prospects within priority pools.
• Prospect Recommendations: Identify, evaluate, and recommend prospects to gift officers through use of a broad range of resources to assess their financial ability and propensity to support the strategic goals of Riley Children's Foundation.
2. Relationship Management
• Qualification Process: Assist Manager, Fundraising Data Analytics with implementation of a process for qualifying prospects through quantitative and qualitative analysis of biographical and financial data.
• Portfolio Management: Work closely with gift officers in a consultative capacity to help manage their portfolios through regular meetings to review portfolio activity, assist in prospect identification needs, and advise on portfolio composition.
• Strategic Discussions: When appropriate, participate in strategic discussions with development leadership and gift officers regarding portfolio assignments, metrics setting, donor cultivation and solicitation plans.
3. Data Analytics
• Data Integrity: Oversee the maintenance and data integrity of constituent profiles, as well as all other data integrity needs related to the moves management process within the Foundation's CRM database.
• Product Management: Work with the Manager, Fundraising Data Analytics to maintain the Foundation's suite of Analytics products built within our BI Solution. This includes dashboards and predictive models designed to track and evaluate portfolios and performance, as well as to identify and refer prospects for gift officer portfolios.
• Reporting: Complete report requests related to Prospect Development as needed, utilizing either the CRM or BI Solution.
• Technology Research: Continually research and make recommendations for technical resources to support the Prospect Development program.
• Meetings: Prepare for and actively participate in all Riley Children's Foundation meetings as appropriate. Ensure expectations and tools for meeting agendas and follow-up are implemented.
• Budget: Work with Manager, Prospect Development to develop, manage and monitor the budget, staying within overall budget guidelines.
• Technology: Understand and effectively use the technology available at Riley Children's Foundation and be a resource for other development and staff.
• Compliance: Ensure strict compliance with all Foundation policies, as well as local, state and federal laws that govern business practices.
5. Other Duties as Assigned
• Riley Children's Foundation events: Participate in Riley Children's Foundation Events as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• Education: Bachelor's degree required.
• Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of experience in prospect development or relevant field. Understanding of relational databases and research techniques required. Experience with designing and implementing BI solutions, SQL Server/querying databases and predictive analytics preferred.
• Skills: Solid verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize a heavy workload. Proven problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills. Strong attention to detail and organization. Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products with a key focus on Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with SharePoint is a plus. Proficiency in use of databases and research products. Sensitivity to needs of donors. Must maintain highest level of confidentiality standards.
• Qualities: Personal belief in Riley Children's Foundation vision, mission, core values and strategic direction. Results oriented. Ability to work independently under pressure and effectively prioritize a varied and diverse workload. Creative and resourceful. Inquisitive and sharp minded coupled with demonstrated aptitude for strategic donor or customer experience strategy. Self-motivating and self-starting. Ability to take quiet pride in one's work. Perseverance. Highly energetic. Optimistic and positive. Team player. Must adhere to the highest ethical standards. Professional demeanor.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by June 15