Community and Gifts Coordinator - IndyGo
- 01-Jun-2021 to 30-Jun-2021
- - IndyGo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Community and Gifts Coordinator furthers the mission of Indianapolis Public Transportation Foundation (IPTF) by providing administrative support of the Foundation's diverse efforts to secure contributed funding and developing relationships with community organizations. The Community and Gifts Coordinator demonstrates commitment to continuous quality improvement and to providing outstanding service to a variety of internal and external stakeholders and maintaining an overall standard of excellence. A high level of confidentiality is required of this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides a wide range of high-level, complex and confidential office administration and support to the Executive Director.
- Manages the Bloomerang database to ensure on-going accuracy and integrity of donor information and gift records.
- Conducts daily entry of all gifts and prepares timely acknowledgment letters, tax receipts, invoices and pledge reminders.
- Assists in IPTF's grantmaking process and respond to inquiries from community organizations.
- Coordinate Board communications and preparation for Board and Committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned is an expectation. The team member must be flexible to meet the changing needs of the growing organization
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- High school diploma/GED is required, with a preference for advanced coursework in nonprofit management or office management.
- Experience in a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Experience with Bloomerang or a comparable CRM database.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Proficiency using a computer, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, the internet, and complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to perform a mail merge.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including copiers and phones.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong listening skills.
- Ability to interact with others, including groups, both in person and through phone, virtual meetings, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Above average decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Average mathematical abilities (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, and ratios).
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- High level of confidentiality and flexibility is required.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage tasks and time effectively.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time, to bend/kneel, and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Ability to speak clearly.
- Some local travel.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.