Bilingual Medical Case Manager - Damien Center
- 01-Jun-2021 to 30-Jun-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Integrative Care Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
This position will connect individuals living with HIV to various health and social service programs and organizations. The Bilingual Medical Case Manager provides an individualized plan of care that includes medical, psychosocial, financial, and other supportive services based on the individual client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Follow HRSA regulations and guidelines for provision of Medical Case Management
- Follow Marion County Public Health Department Ryan White Services Program (MCPHD-RWSP) guidelines
- Follow TDC written policies and standards.
- Complete face-to-face intakes and review assessments
- Engage patient at HIV follow-up appointments according to Structured Engagement Procedures
- Provide patient-centered care.
- Develop MCM Individualized Care Plan in collaboration with patient and medical provider.
- Staff with members of the patient's care team
- Follow-up on medical and other referrals
- Assist patient in making outside medical and related appointments.
- Provide patient education regarding HIV disease, adherence, and retention.
- Monitor patient engagement in HIV medical care.
- Connect patient to financial assistance programs to cover co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles 14.
- Complete referrals according to patients' needs and readiness.
- Ensure patient has transportation to appointments.
- Ensure patient has interpretation services scheduled as needed at each lab and medical appointment including HIV, primary, and acute care visits.
- Complete reports as directed by supervisor and/or leadership.
Education and/or Experience:
Master's degree preferred, but not required. Experience with medical case management, care coordination, or client management experience required. Bilingual in Spanish/English required. Proven experience in working with minority populations and experience in working with transgender populations preferred.
Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.