Fine Arts Program & Events Coordinator - Park Tudor School
- 01-Jun-2021 to 30-Jun-2021
- - Park Tudor School
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that takes pride in upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning environment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, confident, and resourceful lifelong learners
Integrity Intellectual Engagement Resourcefulness Respect Responsibility
Park Tudor is currently seeking a Fine Arts Program & Events Coordinator starting July 1, 2021. This role is an integral member of the Fine Arts Department. Under the direction of the Director of Fine Arts, the Program & Events Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day and year-round logistical coordination of the department. Responsibilities include and are not limited to: scheduling, coordinating and overseeing departmental activities and events, preparing budgets, processing departmental reports, managing the front-of-house in Ayres Auditorium, managing the box office, supervising volunteers and maintaining promotional materials for programs and events. The ideal candidate demonstrates team leadership while employing an entrepreneurial, collaborative and results-oriented approach who requires minimum guidance and has ability making decisions that are in-keeping with school protocols and policies.
Essential functions include the following.
- Serving as the Director of Fine Arts lead to aid in the coordination of departmental activities and events.
- Oversees event logistics, including development of comprehensive plans, timelines, organization, collateral materials, data management, RSVP management, catering coordination, and volunteer coordination.
- Leads event related meetings and ensures proper communication with faculty and staff regarding event goals, responsibilities and follow‐up.
- Creates, updates, shares, and maintains the master calendar for scheduling of departmental events in collaboration with the Director of Fine Arts and school divisions.
- Preparing budgets and periodic progress reports for the Director of Fine Arts.
- Processes private study faculty billing, acts as liaison between private study faculty, contractors and Human Resources.
- Manages printed program distribution and secures programs and other patron materials.
- Manages all front-of-house set-up and operations in Ayres Auditorium during departmental performances events, including setting up the lobby accordingly and serving as a representative of the Fine Arts Department.
- Maintains the appearance of the lobby and all public areas; communicates with maintenance as necessary to ensure a clean environment.
- Manages efficient operation of Box Office to include: knowledge of computerized ticketing system, maintaining ticketing equipment, ticket and reservations sales for productions; maintains accurate records of sales; balances
cash, credit card, and check accounts; prepares deposits; schedules box office volunteers; distributes will-call and reserved tickets; and coordinates all box office operations.
- Recruits, coordinates and supervises volunteer ushers and concession and/or merchandise volunteers.
- Provides leadership in emergency situations during events, to include acting as the designated First Aider, and being fully familiar with building alarms, equipment and evacuation procedures, and leading a building evacuation if necessary.
- Works closely with the Director of Fine Arts to ensure proper staff is in place for all departmental events.
- Greets and directs walk-in traffic and responds to inquiries concerning departmental programming and events.
- Stewards viewings of art exhibitions in the Ayres Gallery space by providing information, and acting as a point of contact for gallery visitors during exhibition periods.
- Maintains publicity of departmental events in collaboration with the Communications Department.
- Orders instructional materials, textbooks as needed and oversees departmental supply stock.
- Serves as a representative of the Fine Arts Department to community and professional organizations and schools. Serves on committees as appointed by the Director of Fine Arts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Fine Arts.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 3 to 5 years of related experience including program and events management, equivalent arts program management or hospitality management.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends for departmental events and programming.
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to plan across several programs simultaneously and problem solve without guidance.
- Supervisory experience, ability to manage groups of volunteers; give direction on program and job responsibilities
- Experience in Box Office Management, or related ticket sales and management preferred
- Experience in Front-of-House Theatre Management, or related experience hospitality management or public relations preferred
- Highly collaborative
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in core technological competencies
- Ability to assess situations accurately
- Sound decision-making
- Professionalism with and amongst all constituencies
- Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Park Tudor community while promoting and supporting the School's mission, vision, and values
Park Tudor School offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Our professional development focuses on Mind, Brain, and Education research and application, Equity and Inclusion, and Community Engaged Learning. Professional development opportunities are also available for participation in conferences, workshops, and membership in professional organizations. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now. Please ensure you provide the names and phone numbers of three references who can speak to your abilities for this position.
For more information regarding Park Tudor School, consult the Park Tudor web site at www.parktudor.org.