Associate Director of Communications-Content Development - Phi Kappa Psi Foundation
- 07-Jun-2021 to 30-Jun-2021
- - Phi Kappa Psi Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Phi Kappa Psi is hiring an Associate Director of Communications to join an innovative, collaborative and goal-oriented team comprised of staff, board and volunteers who strive to promote a positive and everlasting membership experience. This individual plays an integral role on the Phi Kappa Psi Headquarters communications team and is responsible for developing, editing and publishing written content and copy for the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity and Foundation.
Founded in 1852 and headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Phi Kappa Psi is a men's fraternal organization consisting of over 100 chapters across the United States, over 6,500 undergraduate members and 80,000-plus living alumni. With the open motto "the great joy of serving others" Phi Kappa Psi looks to engage men of integrity, further developing their intellect and enhancing their community involvement. With a legacy built on acceptance and trust, each brother realizes his highest potential through a lifelong experience of service and excellence. The Phi Kappa Psi Foundation is a 501(c)(3) educational foundation whose mission is to support the Fraternity by promoting scholarship, developing character, improving educational facilities and supporting charitable causes.
- Establishes brand voice for the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity and Foundation in collaboration with the Senior Director of Communications.
- Oversees the ideation and implementation of all written communications.
- Partners with Creative Design Manager and Associate Director of Digital Communications by providing content for distribution across the organizations' various platforms that drives engagement.
- Composition of materials to be included in publications (i.e., The Shield).
- Conducts research based on subject matter and uses interview and questionnaire techniques to generate member-based content.
- Manages Phi Psi Blog and curates content in a timely manner.
- Supports department heads, as needed, ensuring content required for publications is curated and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assists Senior Director of Communications in content strategy for key direct response campaigns and other programs as needed.
- Supports Associate Director of Communications, Digital Marketing with content for digital platforms by using SEO best practices and brand guidelines.
- Supports crisis management communications.
- Pursues continuing education and training on areas of direct impact on the role and the Associate Director's relevant professional development.
- Maintains the Foundation's reputation for integrity, responsibility, caring and prudent management of donor gifts and resources.
- Provides ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Works closely with and reports to the Senior Director of Communications. Works closely with all Foundation and Fraternity staff.
Has regular contact, and in some cases manages the relationship with, the public, vendors, donors, alumni, undergraduates and friends of the Foundation as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS and QUALITIES:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in communications or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills as well as ability to work with and motivate other professionals and volunteers.
- 1-3 years of experience in a communications role.
- Creative storyteller.
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suites and Microsoft 365 are preferred.
- SEO knowledge preferred.
- Member-centered and focused on building lasting relationships with donors.
- Deadline and metrics driven.
- Ability to provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and achievement.
- Proficiency in prioritizing and managing multiple, diverse and on-going projects.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals; support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information while providing the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality, in all areas of responsibility.
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work nights and weekends, as required.
- Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Broad based knowledge of non-profit fundraising.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.