Executive Director - BU Wellness Network
- 25-Jun-2021 to 24-Jul-2021
- - BU Wellness Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
BU Wellness Inc. is a nationally recognized community based organization which provides HIV/STD awareness, education, and prevention services to community members. The mission of Brothers United is to enhance the health and wellness of our community, which includes sexual, gender, and racial minorities and the people who live and work in our community.
Visit http:// https://buwellness.org/ for more about BU Wellness Network Inc.
Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of a human/social services health and wellness community based organization with an emphasis on HIV/AIDS prevention. Oversee organization's budget and policies, source revenue streams, including from local, state, federal, private, and foundation entities, build strong partnerships/relationships with community leaders, peer organizations, and local and state public health officials, and serve as a strategic link from Board of Directors to staff regarding the organizational mission, vision and values.
- Program and Service Delivery -- Oversee strategic planning, design, promotion, delivery and quality of programs and services
- Operations Management – Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current internal and Federal, State and Local laws and regulations
- Human Resource Management -- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to established personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current State employment laws and regulations. Manage staff leadership and provide organizational professional leadership for the organization.
- Community and Public Relations -- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders. Develops strong, diverse community partnerships via participation in coalitions, groups, and other networking activities among peer nonprofits and state and local government entities.
- Fund Development and Grant Management-- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
- Networking and Advocacy- Represent Brothers United on the local, state, and national levels and work with the various government entities to secure funding and resources to enhance service and care delivery to client population.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Nonprofit Management or other related fields. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years business development and/or fundraising experience
- Minimum 3 years, 5 years preferred supervisory experience (with proven success in developing direct reports)
- Minimum 3 years, 5 years preferred public health and/or human services program development and management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational leadership skills, professionalism, and exceptional time and task management abilities, including problem solving and interpersonal communication.
- Experience working with people of color, people living with HIV, transwomen and youth.
- Knowledge in HIV/AIDS, and STD prevention and health and wellness services and programming preferred.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter.