Data Analyst – Center for Leadership Development
- 25-Jun-2021 to 24-Jul-2021
- - Center for Leadership Development
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Data Analyst organizes, cleans, maintains and analyzes CLD's organizational and programmatic data. This role provides the data and analysis to answer key research questions to drive the collection of program data and inform program improvements through the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process. The Data Analyst completes systematic and routine audits of the Apricot database to check for redundancies or errors to ensure high quality, accurate data for reports.
The Data Analyst also manages the data dashboards developed via Tableau data visualization software.
It is essential that the person in this role have excellent analytical skills and knowledge of Black youth opportunities and challenges.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and maintains the infrastructure of the shared database system (Apricot).
- Ensures the cleanliness and completeness of data, identifying redundancies and errors as well as oversees data audits at the direction of the Manage of Program Evaluation.
- Imports data into database and cleans the corrupt and inaccurate data after import. I.e.: Tableau, Apricot)
- Provides and oversees staff trainings for a variety of areas, including but not limited to proper data entry practices, data audit and clean up, Apricot use and guidance, Tableau product and dashboard use.
- Assures identified staff are provided Tableau credentials and training.
- Works collaboratively with the Manager of Program Evaluation to analyze how data is coming in and how it will need to be organized so that when it is needed, it can easily be used i.e.: shared database, IXL, and National Student Clearing House.
- Optimizes Apricot for performance and data quality to include monitoring database performance to determine when action is needed.
- Tracks, troubleshoots and resolves user issues and concerns related to the Apricot database.
- Coordinates with the Apricot customer service team when needed.
- Exports and connects data from all data tools (Apricot, Survey Monkey, NSC, NWEA, etc.) to complete analysis and prepare data visualization for summary reports.
- Creates charts and graphs for data summary reports, such as grant proposals and reports, board reports and other requests.
- Develops and maintains business intelligence dashboards to track impact metrics, understand data trends and create reports and visualizations for CLD Leadership using Tableau.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Program Evaluation on efforts to collect and analyze National Student Clearinghouse data annually, including running the CLD report from Apricot, cleaning and formatting the file in the required template, and analyzing the return of data from National Student Clearing house in Tableau. This review will be completed in collaboration with the Manager of Program Evaluation,Director of CPI, Assistant Director of CPI, Manager of Programs, and Manager of Community Programs. These key leaders inform and drive the Data Analyst's direction in answering program progress towards organizational benchmarks.
- Complies with mandatory attendance at the following annual CLD events: Minority Achiever's Awards and Scholarship Gala, College Prep Conference and Indiana Black Expo.
- Follows professional personal presentation standards and adheres to the Dress Code Policy.
- May perform specialized activities in direct support of the accomplishment of the program objectives and the CLD mission.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate knowledge of Structured Query Language, commonly called SQL.
- Proficiency and experience with Tableau data visualization software or Microsoft Power BI.
- 3+ years' experience in database management and data analysis.
- 1+ years' experience in data visualization.
- Familiarity with Social Solutions Apricot software, a highly configurable database platform.
- Familiarity with National Student Clearing House.
- Familiarity with Monday.com project management web application
- Functional skills with Windows 10, Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Communicator. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter. Takes the initiative to not only identify a problem but work to solve it.
- Team player. Works well independently, but recognizes value of working with teams.
- Flexible. Must be willing to learn quickly and respond to changing environment.
- Efficient. Able to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment while being detailed and highly organized.
- Passion. Must be excited about CLD's mission, youth and the communities we serve.
- Impeccable character.
EDUCTION and/or CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree- Data Management/Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field.
- Generally sedentary work, remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time, extensive computer usage, hand-eye coordination. Events do require physical exertion, including lifting of boxes and tubs, moving chairs and tables, loading and unloading supplies.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter.