Donor Relations Manager - Indianapolis Art Center
- 25-Jun-2021 to 24-Jul-2021
- - Indianapolis Art Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Job Summary: The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for the comprehensive oversight of potential and current sponsor, corporate, and foundation donor relationships that support and advance the Indianapolis Art Center's mission. This position will identify, research, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporation and foundation gifts, oversee the Development Team's current portfolio of relationships, manage the grant proposal and report calendar, and write grants. This position will also take a lead role in writing annual appeals for individual donors with support from the Director of Development and the Development Coordinator.
Essential Job Functions:
Proposal Writing & Grant Management:
- Oversee portfolio of grant making organizations including foundations, government agencies, and corporations
- Maintain the Art Center's calendar of grant-related deadlines, track necessary actions, and ensure that all proposals, reports, and other correspondence with foundations is completed in a timely fashion.
- Write grant proposals and reports, or coordinate completion with other staff as needed, for operating, program, project, and capital grants.
- Work with program staff to gather qualitative and quantitative data; review and edit materials to ensure consistency and quality.
- Regularly research new grant opportunities to expand the Art Center's portfolio of current and potential foundations.
- Strategize with team to identify new potential areas for funding and maximize return on investment.
- Maintain records and ensure prompt acknowledgement of grants and grant pledges received.
- Strategically identify and research potential corporate sponsors and donors to support all Art Center activities.
- Actively cultivate, solicit, and maintain relationships with corporate representatives on behalf of the Art Center.
Corporate Employee Engagement
- Work with Education, Exhibitions, Operations, and Events teams to connect corporate employees to engagement opportunities including but not limited to:
- Team builders
- Group volunteer
- Venue rentals
- Employee memberships
Sponsorships and Underwriting
- In consultation with the Director of Development and department heads, ensure comprehensive sponsorship packages to include recognition and benefits for each giving level and sponsorship type. For major sponsors, work with program leaders to determine potential customized benefits.
- Administer a calendar of deadlines and ensures timely submission of proposals, acknowledgements, reports, and any other information or materials required by sponsors.
- Maintain calendar of sponsorship benefits to ensure that all benefits in the sponsorship package are received. In the event that customized benefits are offered, track progress in partnership with appropriate staff.
- Work with marketing department to create materials including sponsorship publications, solicitation materials, letters, proposals, and final reports.
- Assess value of sponsorships by evaluating audience, tracking visibility/impressions, and evaluating impact. Create dashboards and sponsorship reports that present the Art Center's unique business value proposition.
- Work with appropriate staff to obtain program details, budgets, and other required information as needed to solicit sponsors.
- Work with Finance Department to ensure that all sponsorship payments are invoiced and paid in a timely manner, and that in-kind contributions are documented.
- Able to express sponsorships as a business value proposition.
Art Center Internal Events:
- Assist in soliciting in-kind donations and community partners for all event fundraising opportunities including silent auction and fixed price programs.
- Serve as staff liaison to Young Professionals Advisory Board.
- Support the development of the case statement aligning campaign goals with the Art Center's mission.
- Assist Development by scheduling select prospect meetings, coordinating visit preparations, and completing follow up as necessary.
Individual Donor Relations:
- Collaborate with Development Team to develop strategy for annual appeals.
- Write appeals across multiple platforms, including direct mail, digital, social media, and peer-to-peer (classroom, faculty & staff appeals) that coordinates with marketing and development team.
General Development and Other Job Functions:
- Use donor database to track actions, relationships, and progress toward meeting goals.
- Maintain dashboards of funds raised in grants and corporate sponsorships in order to identify areas of potential need.
- Assist team when necessary with individual solicitations.
- Attend industry-related events and mixers; maintain presence in arts community.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Competency Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in donor database management is required
- Experience with The Raiser's Edge fundraising database and OneCause nonprofit event software is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to track and follow through on details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with funders.
- Strong time management.
- Works well with colleagues and supports those relationships.
Education and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree in arts administration or nonprofit management or a combination of training and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree plus at least three years of experience in development.
- Experience in writing grants and/or development copy.
- Experience working with the corporate marketing sector.
- Experience in or affinity for the arts is also preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position works regular hours with some evenings and weekend hours.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, with the general public orally and in writing.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to work both inside and outside.
All employees must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.