Project Ready Site Coordinator - Indianapolis Urban League
- 25-Jun-2021 to 24-Jul-2021
- - Indianapolis Urban League
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Project Ready (PR) Site Coordinator position will provide intensive case management, mentoring and academic support to high school students enrolled in the Project Ready and Project Ready Mentor Programs. The PR Site Coordinator will also facilitate, schedule and monitor life skills, cultural awareness, youth empowerment, academic enrichment, social development, college preparation and tours, and work readiness activities to prepare students for high school matriculation, graduation, college and workforce.
The PR Site Coordinator will assist students with completing an Individual College Development Plan (ICDP) to identify and address students' needs, barriers, academic progress, and outcomes. The PR Site Coordinator will also work closely with parents and partnering schools to provide additional services and resources to ensure a sufficient level of engagement and support.
The PR Site Coordinator will also conduct retention services for PR graduates, including confirming college enrollment, employment, and training credential attainment. The Site Coordinator will also enter and maintain all student's data and demographics into departmental spreadsheets, PDM-Civi, and Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates with public via email and/or telephone about Project Ready Program;
- Identifies and recruits suitable students based on referrals from parents or partnering school;
- Works closely with teachers, administrators, parents and students to identify their individual and collective needs;
- Provides case management and coaching to PR students and families;
- Assists participants with developing short and long-term goals, and updating Individual College Development Plan (ICDP) as needed;
- Supervise students, maintain safety and order by establishing and enforcing rules, rewards, and discipline policy;
- Assists with identifying students and families for the IUL Urban Family Engagement Program (2Gen initiative);
- Identifies and secures suitable mentors, monitors application process, and matches mentors with mentees;
- Schedules and monitors mentor and mentee activities to ensure program compliance;
- Enters all Project Ready Program enrollments into ETO database;
- Build trust relationships with students and their families to encourage them to take an active role in their education, growth and development;
- Works closely with IUL Career Coaches to confirm appropriate employment opportunities, job placement, and resume completion;
- Schedules and monitors field trips, including college tours, employer site visits, youth focused events and activities, etc. using the specified curriculum and supplemental materials;
- Provides access to tutoring and remediation assistance as needed;
- Develops partnership with community partners to leverage resources and services;
- Possess a valid IN driver's license with satisfactory driving history and insurance;
- Transport IUL vehicle as necessary for program activities;
- Submit current criminal background check to partnering school district;
- Attend workshops, seminars or conferences annually to further enhance skills, knowledge and capacity as an Education Professional; and
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of Spanish desirable but not required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group and large group situations to customers and clients.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter.