Special Events Manager - Damien Center
- 26-Jun-2021 to 25-Jul-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Donor Relations & Marketing Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The Special Events Manager is responsible for all Damien Center events and programs. This position will research, create, coordinate, manage, and implement all current and future fundraising and development events in collaboration with the marketing and development team. The Special Events Manager will identify, build and develop relationships with corporate partners, stakeholders and other community-based organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Manage all major fundraising events, including Grande Masquerade, Dining Out for Life, Giving Society, and other donor related events.
- Oversee and manage event budgets and event sponsorship benefit packages.
- Oversee then event production including content development, data management, RSVP management, catering, and event‐day logistics and coordination.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that donor and attendee data is recorded and entered to the appropriate database.
- Manage on-site production before, during and after all events.
- Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment.
- Manage third-party events.
- Conduct post‐event debriefings to evaluate successful elements and challenges encountered, incorporating that information into the planning and execution of subsequent events.
- Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and cultivate resources to make informed decisions on event venues and choice options.
- Serve as liaison between vendors and venues related to event details.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Design Manager to develop materials related to events including external communications, printed event materials (including but not limited to signage, programs, nametags, etc.) and event scripts.
- Prepare guest lists, materials, auction items, registration lists, and all other necessary event details.
- Manage all aspects of volunteer committees while working collaboratively with the Volunteer Manager to ensure volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
- Develop and maintain high production values and procedures for events.
- Maintain relationships with event chairs, committee members and vendors while identifying possible successful new relationships.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree required. Two years' experience in special events, marketing and event management required. Experience in donor and community relations preferred. Working knowledge of best practices in special events required. *Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.